Cayuga jigging

Thats a beauty. Took a limit of nice ones a couple of weeks ago also in 150 feet. 1.5 once jig is a must. Biggest one hit almost at the boat.The point north of long point was hot a couple days ago for us in 100 feet. I have a hard time jigging shallow.Am going to try deans next. Good luck to all.

F21 nice fish, 10 pounds???. Our last time up we saw very active looking fish at the 140 to 160 foot depth. Lots of motion on the TV screen but we had no hits, the wind was calm and we reached them with the 1 ouncers. Still trying to go up on Friday.And the point north of long point is a good spot, from there down to the obvious brown building (church?) just north of long point. For us Deans cove is closer than long point by 30 minutes so we launch there most often....jk

No school Tuesday so went out north of Miliken. Caught a bunch in 18 to 25FOW, Quick to drop jig when we spotted fish. Kept 2 rest went back. All 24" to 28.5", only 1 with lamprey. Had to fish away from bait as it was so thick you could feel them hitting jigs. Son caught all his on purple lunker city shaker w/ hermits jigs painted white glow. Mine with LC alwife. Lake was flat so had to keep moving around. Fish were real fighters too with that short distance. 62 degree water at surface. Saw lots of LL salmon jumping, should have brought some cleos.

post-151646-0-11844000-1464831648_thumb.jpg

Mr flyrod, nice catch also. hat weight jig do you use in such shallow water? That is going to be hard for me to do, not used to anything under 50 and mostly over 90. Got to call my buddy for tomorrow again, been hard to catch up to him.....jk

...yes, may seem weird, but when they're bunched up shallow in the spring (for the short time they are), game on... :yes:   Good luck fella's, going to be a great summer!

When this guy speaks wise men listen.

Nice work Dennis and son :yes:  Just think about all the week days you'll have in retirement someday that is what kept me going :lol:

Went out jigging yesterday morning, launched at long point around 6:45am and headed north. After two hours of looking for bait in 70+ FOW, I found it in 50. Packed up around 11, all fish were returned unharmed. 3 fish total. There was so much bait the FF was reading it as bottom sometimes, that made seeing your jig hard to do. Best method we found was drop and reel through it. All fish came on Hermit's white 1oz jig head with white fluke, seems they didn't want anything else. Had my cousin with me who had never caught one so that was cool. Biggest was 27"

post-147087-14651289241319_thumb.jpg

post-147087-14651296671671_thumb.jpg

post-147087-14651296831412_thumb.jpg

post-147087-14651297088022_thumb.jpg

-Pete

I was out all day yesterday, could Not get anything jigging after a few hours of failed attempts 😟 Pulled copper instead for hours north of the college, crushed fish dom 35 out to 60 fow. Nothing huge, a few 28 inch ones. Lost count around 20, tired arms solo fishing

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app