Yankee @ the Oak 5/24 Afternoon

Took the GF out to catch her a fish. Fished the front door to the flats. Zig zagged between 60' and 110'. Managed one Lake Trout in an hour and a half. Only put 3 rods down on the riggers. DW Sea Sick, Stinger NBK, and Hammerhead Cowbells on the last. Guess what the LT took? 

Marked a few fish, and very little bait. This was my first outing at the Oak, so it's very possible I was not fishing the best area.

Let me get this right Yankee goes out in the lake and only runs 3 rods??? I don't buy it.... you sure you never through the 4th one in? I'm sure you were in the right spot you just weren't paying attention to the 1st 3 down rods to see if they were taking shots!

Not mention you lied too! You said you fished the front door to the flats but when I had the binoculars on ya you were fishing the back door to the humps????? What's up with that?

Edited by JakeyBaby

Rick,

We fished the same area Sunday but a little deeper. 100-130. Managed two small salmon, one nice steelhead and three lakers in a few hours. We did not mark any bait and very few fish either. They should start showing up soon. I hope anyway.

see you at the dock this weekend.

Not mention you lied too! You said you fished the front door to the flats but when I had the binoculars on ya you were fishing the back door to the humps????? What's up with that?

A peeping-Tom with binoculars......Yankee with the gf at the back door while fishing around the humps?? I thought this was a family-friendly site!

It's been tough out of the oak for silvers of any decent size but the lake trout are willing to play. I caught one Saturday over 250ft on a 2 color leadcore that was the last thing I thought that rod would pull in

I passed you by the ladders (right where you said you were)...we got one laker also last night, slow pickings. Caught one 15lb King in the am in 165fow it was a desert out there in the pm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app