Beautiful day at the Genny.

6-28-08.jpg

All 8 freeking minutes of it. Cleared the pierheads, got it planned then saw the first bolt of lightning just past Russell. :evil: Coast guard didn't seem to mind me flying up the river.

oh, well, at least it doesn't count as a skunk if I don't get a lure in the water.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Luckily, when i saw it, I hadn't gotten to the boat yet! Imagine the turn-over of Meteorologists at our local tv stations if they were paid on commission for the number of times they were right! Even this morning, it looked like we were going to have a nice "window" to fish.

Shawn

I hit 4 weather sites before heading out. 3 of the 4 said storms this afternoon. 4th said storms to our north. I kept an eye on the sky as I was launching & going out. Thought I had a couple hour window. Kind of funny that the lightning was ahead of the rain. Oh well, at least the boat is all gassed up for next weekend.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Wish we all had the job security those guys & their staffs have.

p.s. can't complain about the fishing today so might as well complain about the weather :roll: :lol:

Up at 4:30 & went on the at the oak fishing site. At that time the web cam's said clear & o wind. as i looked at the weather radar it was overcome by the storm already.Made my calls to postpone till tomorrow.

This site is great . Thanks for all the info guys.

Pat.

We were just starting out of the I bay at 5 50 a.m. As I turned my head to check the land, I saw a huge thunderbolt hitting the land from the sky. I told my friend from PA that this is not good and raced back to dock against his wishes.

YT - you got me thinking about how you landed the big fish in the midst of T storm. Then you could say to everyone, DONT DO THIS AT HOME (SEA) after you landed your LOC fish during the T storm.

something for your cell phone if you have a data plan that can give you a very good INSTANT update to the conditions in the area where you are is My Cast Weather and radar program. It even gives the latest lightning strikes in the area within the past 45 minutes and puts the display in motion for you to get a good idea of the course of travel of the storms. It cost $3.95 a month for access but it beats having to spend beaucoup $ for a radar on the boat.