Long weekend

Chas0218

I'll be heading up to our cottage tonight and hopefully out on the water around 5am. I will keep everyone posted on how i do the next 4 days. I'm hoping this weather forecast stays good they were calling for T-storms and that would surely put a crimp on things.

Edited by Chas0218

Can't wait for ur reports!! Need lure color and gps cords. , lol. Prob won't be up till late tonight, once I get on water tomorrow,( honey -do list- gets done) I will let u know if we get anything going. Renewed my confidence on Erie so ready for the bay again. Good luck in morning.

Haha You can't miss the old Sea Mist! I'll get a hold of you when I hit the water, I'll be throwing an array of lures at them thats for sure. I'm going to get everything ready tonight so I just have to splash her down and go. I am hoping to be setup by 5am but like you I will be getting in around 11pm so it will be a late night. But hey, Whats walleye fishing without a little sleep deprivation?

Well it was a less than stellar long weekend I managed a few perch but that was it. I didn't see many people moving rods and other boats I talked with had similar results. I know of 3 other boats that over the 4 day span only managed 5 fish total between them all.

Good grief Charlie Brown, that's not what I wanted to hear!!, now the weather holds and the fishing sucks, sounds like that's the story throughout the lake!! UUGGG!!!!

It was high sunny skies with little to no wind so it wasn't the best of conditions anyway. Not to mention the boat traffic, this was the first memorial day I have seen people out tubing and skiing. Surface temp was 68 on Sunday then the SW winds came in and flipped the bay, surface temp yesterday was 60. The fishing is going to suck for the next few days until that water stabilizes.

I fished Saturday for my self and came up empty. I did find a nice school of fish, but could not get them to hit anything. The pic is below. I worked on a charter boat Sunday and Monday. We took one eye early Sunday, and then went quiet. Monday, we talked our clients into some rod action and limited on lake trout. post-155053-14646990897258_thumb.jpg

I fished Saturday for my self and came up empty. I did find a nice school of fish, but could not get them to hit anything. The pic is below. I worked on a charter boat Sunday and Monday. We took one eye early Sunday, and then went quiet. Monday, we talked our clients into some rod action and limited on lake trout. attachicon.gifIMG_20160528_073153805.jpg

Why two pics all of a sudden? Sorry.

I fished Saturday for my self and came up empty. I did find a nice school of fish, but could not get them to hit anything. The pic is below. I worked on a charter boat Sunday and Monday. We took one eye early Sunday, and then went quiet. Monday, we talked our clients into some rod action and limited on lake trout. attachicon.gifIMG_20160528_073153805.jpg

My screen looked just like this in BRB I couldn't get a bit. I was fishing next to Gene out there for a little bit he also didn't move a rod the whole time I was out there so I didn't feel as bad. I fished in front of cherry, across in front of Reeds and Sherwin Bays into BRB where I made a couple passes one down in and back out with nothing to show except a perch.

Edited by Chas0218

My screen looked just like this in BRB I couldn't get a bit. I was fishing next to Gene out there for a little bit he also didn't move a rod the whole time I was out there so I didn't feel as bad. I fished in front of cherry, across in front of Reeds and Sherwin Bays into BRB where I made a couple passes one down in and back out with nothing to show except a perch.

All good spots. Nothing really going anywhere. That screen shot was taken off the tip of Salubrious. We fished outside of the Isthmus and took one. I also talked to a guy that fished early, early AM. They took five at dawn. Maybe that is the key right now. This high sun and calm water is shutting them down during the day.

All good spots. Nothing really going anywhere. That screen shot was taken off the tip of Salubrious. We fished outside of the Isthmus and took one. I also talked to a guy that fished early, early AM. They took five at dawn. Maybe that is the key right now. This high sun and calm water is shutting them down during the day.

Might be my father in law took 2 on Sat. early A.M. but I couldn't agree more with the amount of sun and calm water it isn't going to help. I am thinking that I might do another late night trip this coming weekend if I can get up to camp early enough in the afternoon.

Fishing inactive fish doesn't yield a lot of action... waiting game... gotta hit it when they "wake up" and decide to play.  Sometimes get lucky and get one or two to commit.

Temps in Henderson were 70+ on Sunday... surface temps in the shipping lanes were mid 60s... the whole lake was shocked over the last week with the rapid thermal climb.  Have never seen so many people swimming in May... unreal.

Might be my father in law took 2 on Sat. early A.M. but I couldn't agree more with the amount of sun and calm water it isn't going to help. I am thinking that I might do another late night trip this coming weekend if I can get up to camp early enough in the afternoon.

The SLR right now is a night bite and and Erie is the same, talked to some friends of mine out of association isl. they caught 2 males still milting. I remember the second week of June my wife and I had crazy fast action with the eyes, as fast as I could net and get a worm on the harness she had another, we caught them tight against the cat tails, in less the 10' of water. That was then. If we hadn't of drifted in there and she had a eye on I would have never gone that shallow, the depth alarm was going off till I turned it off so 2-3ft that's where they were. The wind blew the same way for 2 days and we had 2 days of great fishing.

Covered alot of the bay, managed 3 eyes ,

(one right at the 10 lb mark). The Kids did great with me 😃, sm.bass, Lg bass, pike, chains. Watching them work the 8 ft rod priceless!! Little dock fishing for Rockies and Perch action was fast!(compare to boat lol) black and silver for lure did the best. But hopefully fishing picks up! Weather was great ! Hope to be back soon!!

post-141343-0-14977500-1464734114_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-10986000-1464734173_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-44966000-1464734232_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-53297900-1464734298_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-65595300-1464734373_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-52673400-1464734457_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-61118900-1464734499_thumb.jpg

post-141343-0-41216500-1464734555_thumb.jpg

Heading up again today and staying through Monday have to use up that floating personal or loose it. Maybe I can make something happen, starting to get a little discouraged but it's fishing. At this point I'll run out to some deeper water and maybe beat up on some lakers or fish some of the spots that are generally later season spots to hook up with a few. Either way I need to put something other than a perch in the boat.