1985 bayliner trophy 6000

nlong27

Found out today the shift cable is stretched. First 3900 takes it. No less! Brand new motor! Still a year left on the warranty!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just an FYI about the cost for a new shifter and cables...

They were really bad in my 1987 Bayliner 2160 so I just paid a local shop in Clayton NY to replace my shifter and throttle/shift cables. The parts alone cost $400, so it sounds like this boat might still be priced really well considering what new shifter parts cost, JMO.

Good luck with the sale and finding your next boat.

I'll do certain repairs myself, but I knew the shop could do a much better (and faster) job than I could, especially with aftermarket parts that don't fit exactly like OEM parts.

If the lake is too rough to fish with my 2160, then it is also too rough to fish with a 26' boat in my opinion. I'll trailer my boat to a lake in the Adirondacks if Lake O is too rough for fishing. I like having other options that a smaller 21' boat gives me. I've had my boat out in some real nasty 4-6ft chop and I turned around and went home. The forecast was 2-4'.

Yep, I hear ya. I had some doubts about the Bayliner I bought, until we took it for a test drive on Seneca. The test drive spoke for itself and sold me on the boat. It might help you sell it if it can impress a buyer on a test drive. The new motor is a big plus already.

I had to put money into the last boat I sold, and we agreed on the price before I had to spend the extra money (a $100 part) and time to get the motor running right.

I spent $1,500 fixing my last boat, only to turn around and take a $1,500 loss on it. I wasn't happy about it, but I already had my Bayliner.

Again, best of luck with the sale.

Edited by Todd in NY

• 2 weeks later...