for sale : usa 2006 StarCraft Islander BRKT 221

len972ky

Islander for sale (never thought I say that). Time has come to sell Fugly. I will be at the Point Monday June 6th to pick her up from Krenzers. Will spend a day Monday the 6th going over updates and splashing her. The boat will be for sale the end of the season with her available for pick up August 27th. If anyone is interested she can be seen and inspected Monday June 6th. asking price is 25k. Here are some details. 150 Optimax around 400 hours. 25 Merc 4 stroke (2008) trolling no hour gauge,  Lowrance HDS-10 at helm with networked 5 at stern. Side Scan.  Trax tech rod system with all new ratcheting holders. Scotty propack electrics (2).

time to spend more time fishing Florida. I live in Kentucky and Apalachicola is the same distance and longer season...plus I'm getting old.

If interested in seeing her just e-mail me and I'll get more details for you. [email protected]

post-143964-0-64789900-1464273580_thumb.jpg

Thanks Smoke

This is so bitter sweet, she has been great. I spend two to three weeks every year at the point and that's the only time she gets used. we are now spending more time going south and there is no reason she should just sit. some one will get a lot of use out of her.

A little confusing, I know. I will be up to get her updated (software on Lowrance and stuff) in June and she will be then  stored till August 13th when I return for two weeks. If someone buys her while I'm there that would be fine but I will only be there for three days. When I return in August, she will be available and if she does not sell I will either take her home or trade her in. If she wont sell for the asking price or close she would be a fine boat for off shore in Apalachicola.  I know its a large purchase. if someone wants to look her over and make arrangements for August. Just trying give people an opportunity to check her out. Good question though.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 5:45 AM, Brendan said:

Thanks. Hard boat to find ...

Tell me about it! I looked high and low for an authentic 221B. Scoured listings for about a year. Lots of conversions out there, but I wanted the factory version. The 191B's seem to be a lot more common, but I really wanted the 22 footer.

Finally I found a mention of one for sale on a fishing forum. It was in Kentucky, some 2000 miles away from me here in North Idaho. The listing was nearly 2 years old so I figured it was a long shot. But no harm in asking. Much to my surprise, it was still available!

Did the deal and got it shipped and I'm loving the boat. Still getting it all set up for myself and the way I fish. Those Great Lakes guys do things weird ;)

2006islander.jpg

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I saw that in the Seattle Craigslist. Looks like a beauty. If I hadn't found this one, I'd be all over it! I'm in north Idaho and you're a whole lot closer.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/seattle-2006-starcraft-islander-221/6943996145.html

I bet you guys sell it quick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, Dougiefresh831 said:

Just picked this baby up 🤣 

2DE19559-51DE-4E27-A36B-3B2330265337.jpeg

She's a beauty! Congratulations!

The boat that's the original subject of this thread ...

http://www.aswracing.com/starcraft221b.jpg

... is now slaying salmon on the Columbia River.

http://www.aswracing.com/fish09-22-18.jpg

It's a fishy boat, Between me and my buddies, we're boating more than 100 a year, chinook and sockeye both.

Edited by manukabay

9 minutes ago, Dougiefresh831 said:

I got a question is the 191b a 19ft or a 21footer lol  I think I messed up paperwork and said it’s a 19”

BE8FD155-F4CE-4DAA-B4BC-3619A77E7990.png

I think it's 19' not counting the bracket. With the bracket it's 21'. Same kind of deal with the 221B ... 22' not counting the bracket, 24' counting the bracket.

The boat pictured says 191B on it, indicating the 19 footer. The 221B's say 221B in that spot. Although mine are missing.

What's odd though is that yours is on a tandem trailer, which every other 191B I've seen had a single axle trailer.

1 minute ago, manukabay said:

I think it's 19' not counting the bracket. With the bracket it's 21'. Same kind of deal with the 221B ... 22' not counting the bracket, 24' counting the bracket.

Ahh thank you ! For the clarification 

the 191b and 221b are all original offshore brackets?

3 minutes ago, manukabay said:

The boat pictured says 191B on it, indicating the 19 footer. The 221B's say 221B in that spot. Although mine are missing.

What's odd though is that yours is on a tandem trailer, which every other 191B I've seen had a single axle trailer.

Really ? I seem too like this tandem “ duel axle better for transport and backing up 🫣 

6 minutes ago, Dougiefresh831 said:

the 191b and 221b are all original offshore brackets?

Yes, that's correct. The "B" suffix indicates a factory bracket boat. Came out in 2006 and went way when the Islander was discontinued in 2010ish.

Curious fact ... the 221B, brand spanky new with a 150 Optimax, was $28K. Man, I would jump at the chance to get a new one for that price today.

8 minutes ago, manukabay said:

Yes, that's correct. The "B" suffix indicates a factory bracket boat. Came out in 2006 and went way when the Islander was discontinued in 2010ish.

Curious fact ... the 221B, brand spanky new with a 150 Optimax, was $28K. Man, I would jump at the chance to get a new one for that price today.

Nice nice lucky I didn’t mess up on this 

since not very much info .. and no time too search on this picked it up as soon as it posted and water tested it was after talking got it down too 14,500 it was repower with a 2012 130 etec running only XD100  100-150hrs  seems like too good of a deal too sleep on  lol 28k brand new 221b I’d jump on that too shhhhit

Edited by Dougiefresh831

You did good! And the Etec is a nice motor.

A year ago, I repowered mine with a Merc 150 4S and also swapped out my 25hp Merc kicker in favor of a new 9,9 EFI ProKicker. I stayed with Merc mainly so that I wouldn't have to change out the controls and gauges. It was all plug-and-play, I did it all myself.

Not that the Opti was a bad motor ... as 2-strokes go, it was excellent. Started easy, never saw any visible smoke, reasonably quiet, and really good on gas. But they are kind of known for compressor issues before they reach 1K miles and mine was getting close, and I was tired of buying DFI oil for $40 a gallon. The 150 4S is a little quieter and smoother, a little better on gas, and doesn't consume oil. And it didn't cost much to upgrade. I got the 150 4S as a CPO, with zero hours, literally looked brand new, for $8.5K, and sold the Opti for $4.5K.

The 9.9 EFI ProKicker is massive step forward from the 2007 vintage 25hp kicker I had. Much lighter, smoother, and generally better running.

Edited by manukabay

3 minutes ago, manukabay said:

You did good! And the Etec is a nice motor.

A year ago, I repowered mine with a Merc 150 4S and also swapped out my 25hp Merc kicker in favor of a new 9,9 EFI ProKicker. I stayed with Merc mainly so that I wouldn't have to change out the controls and gauges. It was all plug-and-play, I did it all myself.

Not that the Opti was a bad motor ... as 2-strokes go, it was excellent. Started easy, never saw any visible smoke, reasonably quiet, and really good on gas. But they are kind of known for compression issues before they reach 1K miles and I got tired of buying DFI oil for $40 a gallon. The 150 4S is a little quieter and smoother, a little better on gas, and doesn't consume oil.

The 9.9 EFI ProKicker is massive step forward from the 2007 vintage 25hp kicker I had. Much lighter, smoother, and generally better running.

Yea I’m probbly upgrading when this motor goes and  put a 150yamaha  , dude the oil is 55$ a gal.. crazy. Saving up to get a 9.9 Yamaha or mercury and connect the controller so I don’t have to steer in the back .. the money pit 😭

If you look at the side window, you see that it is one piece. The 221 Islander has a 2 piece window. The front end of which you can open and close. Sorry, but that is a19 footer.

Edited by rolmops