WHLS - BIG WATER DERBY

I mentioned three post back that I would follow up on that but if you are entered at this time and the derby ended you would be roughly 3000 percent better than when you started.

So if the entry fee is $30, that would be $90,000, is that what your saying? You still haven't published any numbers of entries or prizes.

That is correct, one salmon weighed in so far.

Looking at the leaderboard it says the one salmon entered was caught aboard Tacklebuster II. Is this the same Tacklebuster who is posting? Was this fish caught on Tacklebuster's boat, weighed in at Tacklebuster's store by Tacklebuster and is miraculously winning the tournament that Tacklebuster started?

Also, If the fish holds, what do they win?

When is the leaderboard getting updated? We weighed in a bigger fish today than what's on the board and I can't believe we are the only ones to weigh a fish in today. The derby board should be updated daily.

ok, let's start with Fishinnutjim. I believe you may have a few too many zero's in the math unless I wrote it wrong. Although that would be sweet!! We will get it there if you guys want that.

As we mentioned early on, this is a trial run and payout will be based on entree's. We have people signing up daily so payout can not be calculated until derby completion. WHLS has 25 sign ups and I'll check at the other stations.

It's a win win for most all in at this time. If you can put a fish on the board there's a good chance you will win something with the limited entree's. It's up to you fisherman on how much u want to win. The more entree's the greater the reward. We also have some great prizes to give away from our GREAT sponsors.

Tackle Buster II and Tacklebuster all the same. Clearly, Fish was caught aboard the Tackle Buster II by angler Joe Sposato.

Not that all business affairs need to be disclosed here. But since you ask.

Fish was weighed in at Warren's hook Line & Sinker. (privately owned and operated) Tackle Buster and Tackle Buster II are privately owned charter boats. Fish caught aboard Tackle Buster II, caught by client was leading with that fish.

The winning fish will win whatever the payout is determined to be per number of entree's and payout structure. Tackle Buster II nor Warren's Hook Line & Sinker win NOTHING!!!

Leader board is updated daily. Stations will be contact today to get updates on weigh ins. Please bare with us and all weigh stations as things get pretty busy in all these shops.

I know there was some fish weighed in yesterday and will post ASAP.

Thank you all for participating!!!!!!

Fish On!!!!!

Hopefully we can shorten these post a bit lol, I'm a slow typer

After pondering about this, it is my opinion that the laker division minimum need to be lowered to 18lbs. Yesterday we had two between 19-20lbs. Most Loc derbys, 18lbs will make the board. The LOC is bigger and runs longer (summer). Once this derby takes off and there are more entrants, I can see upping the minimums.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

After pondering about this, it is my opinion that the laker division minimum need to be lowered to 18lbs. Yesterday we had two between 19-20lbs. Most Loc derbys, 18lbs will make the board. The LOC is bigger and runs longer (summer). Once this derby takes off and there are more entrants, I can see upping the minimums.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

there is a whole pile of those 15-18# fish out there

Tacklebuster,

Those were not my numbers they were yours. If you look at my previous post you can see I cut and pasted what YOU wrote. So now we find out you won't be paying out 30 times to a single winner, let alone the 3000 times you advertised.

Your response did nothing to explain away your conflict of interest, it only made it worse.

Not that all business affairs need to be disclosed here. But since you ask.

Fish was weighed in at Warren's hook Line & Sinker. (privately owned and operated) Tackle Buster and Tackle Buster II are privately owned charter boats. Fish caught aboard Tackle Buster II, caught by client was leading with that fish.

You fail to mention that these private businesses are owned and operated by you and your family

So you took money from people for registrations and a charter, (they did pay you for the charter, didn't they?) caught the leading salmon on a boat you own, personally weighed the fish at a store you also own to place in a tournament you started.

And your defense is you aren't taking any of the winnings?!?!

It speaks volumes that you don't see anything wrong with your actions.

Jim

Leaderboard update: New Salmon leader, Angler David Bonnell caught nice 23 pound salmon aboard the Rigged. Fish was caught on a Warrior spoon.

Great job guys!!!!!

Leader board can be viewed at the following site.

http://www.soduspointbaitshop.com/

Nice fish D.B. !!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishinnutjim, any reason you are speaking in such an argumentative tone? Is it really necessarily, ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Fishtails

you know everyone has their own opinion on issues. I would like to keep this thread a positive one. if  you are not in favor of our derby just simply do not enter which I'm assuming you are not. No one is forcing anybody to click this thread. Just saying !!!!!!!!!!!

We will leave it at that.

Fish On

Leader board will be updated in the am. Sodus Point ( Warrens Hook Line & Sinker) weighed in a few today

Can't make it up to fish until the 2nd leg in August. Thinking about participating. Being the 1st leg is almost over and you end on Thursday, what are your total entries to date? For comparisons purposes lets say you got to 40 entries ($30 x 40= $1200) . How do you split the money among the places and divisions? I understand this is all new and you will go thru some growing pains. But a clear understanding of your prize structure might help with generating interest and additional derby entries. Thanks

You can't really set in stone a payout structure starting out. We have run numerous derby's and found that if you set a guaranteed amount and you do not get the interest it comes out of your pocket. We are doing what we have been hearing from the fisherman for the past several years. Seems there is a lot of interest in looking but lite on the participation. Payout breakdown will be calculated at derby completion. Roughly speaking, Grand prize is approximately 50% and then broke down from that point according to weigh in's

It's up to you guys how big you want to make it. We're here to work with you. When we get to the 400 or more entrée target fisherman will be rewarded WELL!!!!!!!!!!

We are working on something that we think everyone will be very interested in. Stay tuned for future announcements.

Fish On!!!!!

If everyone participates, the payouts will go up faster.  I give you kudos for doing this Tacklebuster!  I entered this weekend and enjoyed being able to fish a tournament in between LOC derbys.  My crew and I will be joining the other one also.