WHLS - BIG WATER DERBY

Went to sign up and closed around 5 tnight :(

Just be thankful you didn't have a fish to weigh! He advertised he was open until 8 every day, you think he would stay open when he's got a tournament on!

Down my way Creek Road in Lewiston pulled out also as a weigh-in so I guess South Bay is as "west" as it gets. What a joke.

Looks like Creek Road Tackle is out as weigh In. Hate to keep making these types announcements but it seems there is some strong arming going on towards the tackle shops that we are working with as weigh in and registration sites. And by some folks that may surprise you when it is made public. Totally unprofessional and showing no respect for the local tackle shops. Why would anyone approach another tackle shop which is working as a weigh in station and attempt to persuade them to not participate in another derby. Well I know exactly why but will let that to each of you to decide. Personally as I've mentioned previously, I would encourage every tackle shop to participate in as many derbys as they are personally capable of covering. By strong arming and persuading shops to not participate is simply keeping potential customers out of the local shops and affecting their business directly.

Thanks to all of the great sponsors supporting this derby and thanks to all of you that continually support our derby's as well as all you local tackle shops.  

So we are good from Rochester to Henderson. Sorry west end, we'll get you set up soon.

and yes Lake Trout 20lb

Thinking about adding tributary and lake fishing to the September derby, whats the thoughts

FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Just be thankful you didn't have a fish to weigh! He advertised he was open until 8 every day, you think he would stay open when he's got a tournament on!

Down my way Creek Road in Lewiston pulled out also as a weigh-in so I guess South Bay is as "west" as it gets. What a joke.

Jim, for someone so against this derby and has nothing but negative comments, You sure do monitor this thread a lot!!!!!!!!!! I think for those who do not like or disagree with it should simply go else where. I do not see anyone forcing anybody to be here or how to conduct business like is going on with our fellow tackle shops. Seems you may have interest elsewhere.

Lets keep this post a positive one. Be HAPPY Jim!!!!!!!!!!

and yes Lake Trout 20lb

IMO, this needs to be lowered.  Your tournament is in the growing process.  People want to win money.  By putting a big minimum weight on lakers, you are not allowing people to win money.  There were only 4 over 20 weighed in during the summer LOC (31 days).  That tournament is way bigger and covers the entire south shore.  I believe a minimum weight is necessary but 20lbs is way too high. 

It doesn't look like you are personally capable of covering your own derby. You close early on the opening day and your leaderboard still is not updated. No wonder the weigh in stations are dropping like flies.

I am a very positive person. Positive this is a joke! The good news is you won't have to pay out on any Lake Trout because Gambler is right, this ain't the LOC!

And the plural for derby is derbies, not derbys.

It doesn't look like you are personally capable of covering your own derby. You close early on the opening day and your leaderboard still is not updated. No wonder the weigh in stations are dropping like flies.

I am a very positive person. Positive this is a joke! The good news is you won't have to pay out on any Lake Trout because Gambler is right, this ain't the LOC!

Wow bro get off dudes ass. If you don't like the derby then just don't enter it's that simple what's the need to constantly bash them? I will admit that I was hesitant about this derby myself after I took 2 nd place and only received $150 cash with no prize pack. Then a week later I received another envelope from warrens and it was a $100 gift certificate to dreamweaver. So putting than with the cash it's not a bad prize for a small derby like this. It's a new derby give them a chance. When there is a weigh station on the west end again I will join the derby again. My squad and I enjoy fishing for $ and prizes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No captains cove is not a weigh station anymore. South bay in I Bay is the only our area. I was at warrens yesterday morning and talked to them directly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mitchells on lake Ave, east side of genny. They do official weigh in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So dude, you have 9 posts since 2010 and half of them are bashing this derby?  Why?  Most of us try to post useful information once in a while to help others catch fish....kinda why this forum got started.  All you seem to do is complain about a derby you probably didn't enter.  We get your drift, you don't think this particular derby is your cup of tea.  Thanks for sharing.

You've crossed the line. I'm sure the mods deleted this. Your throwing accusations at someone and expecting everyone to take your word. Maybe your right, but this isn't judge Judy's court.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

I still don't see the problem with running this Derby? Seems like there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not all aware of. Whatever.... I like the idea of a derby in between the main LOC derbies. 

I would like to chime in only because I am bored and really like to argue when I am bored...LOL

I do wonder... "stole all the LOC Derby intellectual property and claimed it as his own." Was this copyright registered? Is this copyright vigorously defended? I would say it is not. Was this material originally borrowed/plagiarized from the ESLO derby or some other derby 20 years ago? Who Knows? Those rules have been around so long I doubt the LOC Derby knows where they came from. Most derbys pretty have very similar rules that are written almost identically. See here: http://www.rotaryfishingderby.com/rules/ or here http://www.eriecanalderby.com/rules.html 

"filed a false police report claiming that **** stole the LOC Derby scale" Not sure if this is true but, my guess is that the report would more be for trespassing. Once an item is left on someone else's property, you would need permission to take it from the property. I know in my business if this happens - we are told that we cannot go onto one of our customers property and take back what is rightfully ours without the property owners permission. 

"Last weekend Troy showed up at the LOC awards ceremony in an attempt to intimidate him and disrupt the ceremony!" Troy is very intimidating....LOL

It is a shame that it has come to this. I would hope that we could have several successful derbies to fish in. I guess we should try to keep it positive.

Leaderboard update

https://soduspointbaittackle.shutterfly.com/specials

Sean Ketchman from Waterloo, NY toughed out the heavy west winds and sporty seas to capitalize on a nice 23.08 lb king salmon to take the lead in the derby. Familiar bite meat pays off again.

Thanks to all the sponsors and their great products!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Tackle Buster II boated a 31.12 lb / a 20.04 lb and some smaller ones today but will not be entering those since it was just Dawn and I fishing for fun.

Fish on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishmaster, Yes and are YOU in. All my clients will be entered in this derby, why wouldn't they be. And yes they will most likely catch trophy fish. Charter boat day pass for $30.00 why not. clients love it. I have some dates available if you would like to catch some trophy fish.

Fish On !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!