Question About Perch

tman12

Hey guys,

Me and my buddy have been absolutely cashing in on jumbo perch lately. Been letting all the big ones go, but took a few 9-10 inchers the other night for the table. However, Mixed in with the jumbos we've been catching have been some smaller ones at around 8". With These 8 inchers, as soon as they come out of the water, are spraying this white liquid (my guess would be semen) all over the place. Anyone else having this happen or have had this happen? It's consistently with that size, and probably 1 out of every 3 that size do it. They aren't coming up from deep either. 10 feet tops. Any clue on what it could be and why? Some opinions/knowledge on what this could be would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ty

2809f14bcc0339de16474fc924f64ec0.jpg

a853f1850717b5120d078422dfe827eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

48f5f510f31c99ad550944ea5b6e2d96.jpg

Went to my buddy's private pond today for perch, and all perch in there are remarkably clean and healthy. However, past two days I have noticed some of these leech like creatures on their fins. Because this is a small pond, we are a little concerned, and don't want any parasites to be going through the fish, and especially spread to the bass. Anyone know what these are and if they are harmful?

Probably nothing but mainly just curious.

Thanks again for the perch related answers,

Ty

Thanks for the response. A lot of people are having double pics for some reason. As to the parasites, It could be those, but the ones we've seen appear to be a little lighter in color. They have the suction like mouths, so I'm assuming they must be a leach of some kind. Hopefully they don't harm the fish. Only have seen them on their fins