Today Yankee Troller, Maniac, Jay and I teamed up for the Mustad Challenge. One of the fish we managed to boat is the new Summer LOC Salmon division leader at 25.12lbs. The fish came on a Green Double Crush Glow Smartfish/Siggs Rigs Green Hypnotist fly fished off of our 600' copper rig out over 130 FOW. The fish was also the largest fish of the tournament. Yankee's arms were just killing him a the end of the battle with the fish...it took close to 300' of backing out on top of the copper & leader. Way to go Yankee, it was a real thrill to boat that fish with some of my best fishing buddies on board!

Here's the pics:

DSC062322.jpg

DSC062342.jpg

DSC062372.jpg

DSC062332.jpg

Sorry for the short report, I'm headed out of town on vacation as soon as I get home and won't have time for a report till Monday or so and wanted to congratulate Yankee Troller right away!

Great job....Now i have to get out and get another one! Those big one's really seem to like green! Congrat's Wolf

Sorry dude! Shawn on the Kingfsher boat probably wants to take a shot at me too! I knocked them down in the Spring LOC and now the summer. No need to worry with 20+ days to fish. Im sure ours will fall a few.

On a side note dont mess with me after im done reeling in 1000' of line. I got Popeye arms and can take on anyone! They were burning really bad! I have fought a lot of fish on copper the last year and a half, and the way this one took line off the reel i knew it was a big guy.

Most "exciting" part of landing that fish were the dozen or so BIG lightning bolts that hit the water just to the West of us during Yankee's battle with the fish. I had both engines fired up and the second that fish hit the deck I had both of 'em pinned as we headed in. It was pretty gnarly out there, and YT's fish bit just as we were getting ready to pull the lines and head in. Maniac and Jay did a great job clearing the deck and landing a second smaller fish while "Popeye" worked the copper.

WTG guys!! Great fish and congrats on winning some cash! I had to miss the Mustad in order to make the two upcoming Pro Ams.

So Bill....I'm driving home today from working in NY the past 6 days and the wife calls me on the cell and reads me your email with your fishing report :shock: . She says she figured I was bored driving so she read me some fishing reports to keep me entertained.....what a woman!!!! She told me all about your fish.... :D:D:D

I just started fishing the Big Lake last year out of Sodus. It has seemed pretty slow over there so far this year so I was thinking of trying Fair Haven Friday Am. Any starting points? I am thinking of launching at the state park unless any one has better suggestions? Should I go east or west from there? Waypoints are always appreciated too! (I know, I don't ask for much!)