Erie nighttime eyes

King Slammin

Got out around 9:30 with the Mrs. It was her first time on our "new" boat and her first time walleye fishing day or night. Water temp is up to 65 degrees and the silvers are in pretty good. We managed 4 eyes and a bunch of silvers. My wife got her first eye which made our night. We left for home a little after midnight.

post-149813-14644396594917_thumb.jpg

post-149813-14644396726531_thumb.jpg

Hey that's great, first time with new boat and the wife's first eye, how much better does it get!! Congrats to your evening!!

Nice work Slammin.  You've got to be loving that Opti. I have the same one in salt water model :)

Thanks guys. Now that June fishing is upon us, i will be fishing Erie for eyes. This may was the worst spring king fishing I can remember, for me at least. Sk8, I am loving the opti. Trolls down to 1.7 if the current is right and when paired with the terrova, I don't even have to touch the steering wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Now that June fishing is upon us, i will be fishing Erie for eyes. This may was the worst spring king fishing I can remember, for me at least. Sk8, I am loving the opti. Trolls down to 1.7 if the current is right and when paired with the terrova, I don't even have to touch the steering wheel.

Hey man not sure how big your Optimax is, but mine is a 200, and trolls down nice all day, but then you have to really wait for it to burn all the carbon out of it before you can go fast again,  back to port at the end of the day.  Mine is pretty old now, though, with tons of hours on it.  2005, I think. I love that Optimax, engine, though!! Nice eyes, man.  I caught over 40 yesterday out here in South Dakota, tossing an 1/8th ounce jig and a leech in a bottle neck area in 4 feet of water.  Fun on light spinning gear!! 

You are right about the carbon but I love my optimax too. Mine is a 135. Had it down to 1.5 riding 2-3' waves with bags out the other day. That sounds like a blast catching eyes like that!!!

Yeah it was a great time.  Then the slab crappies moved in to the area just before dusk, and we caught 15 of them between 12-15 inches, so that was a nice bonus. :)