So there I am on Saturday morning, clean screen for the last 3 trips but then I see this:

5-28-16%20h_zpswx4jzxkg.jpg

What the Heck?  It’s almost 30 high & 50 ft across!!!!

Sunken boat?

Monstrous pile of seaweed?

Stack of Quagga mussels?

Go a little further:

5-28-16%20j_zpsnwycv3cx.jpg

Hmmm…..

Headed further west:

5-28-16%20k_zpshndbpy55.jpg

Probably saw 15 more.  I haven’t seen this much in years!  Wow! And hugging the bottom!

Anyways, launched at 5:30.  All 4 ramps open now.  Love this scene:

5-21-16%20a_zps0xrzvhgs.jpg

Got past the dredge & headed out:

5-28-16b_zpshcyefcpn.jpg

Great day to get cooked out on the water.  Just like a mill pond as far as you could see. Surface running 60-62F, dropped to 59 then back up again.

Put in at 90, went to 160 & back in.  Lots of activity on the scene, but all on the bottom.  Took 2 steelhead on riggr’s running mupped bloody Blk & Silver, 35 ft down over 120-130. 

Off at 10:00, got warm out there.  They’ve installed a “drop box†at the launch & they put a reminder on your vehicle to fill out card & pay. ($8.00)  Maybe they’ll fix that dam rut!

All of 6 boats in the new marina.  (2 freaking yachts!)  Oh boy, City blew another 30 million!

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

What did the construction company do with all the rip rap?

Dredge maybe too..

Looks like a downrigger snag in ant case. Maybe not..who knows?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They used the rip rap to line the banks of the new Harbor.  I loaded a lot of it and glad it's over till the next job

So there I am on Saturday morning, clean screen for the last 3 trips but then I see this:

5-28-16%20h_zpswx4jzxkg.jpg

What the Heck?  It’s almost 30 high & 50 ft across!!!!

Sunken boat?

Monstrous pile of seaweed?

Stack of Quagga mussels?

Go a little further:

5-28-16%20j_zpsnwycv3cx.jpg

Hmmm…..

Headed further west:

5-28-16%20k_zpshndbpy55.jpg

Probably saw 15 more.  I haven’t seen this much in years!  Wow! And hugging the bottom!

Anyways, launched at 5:30.  All 4 ramps open now.  Love this scene:

5-21-16%20a_zps0xrzvhgs.jpg

Got past the dredge & headed out:

5-28-16b_zpshcyefcpn.jpg

Great day to get cooked out on the water.  Just like a mill pond as far as you could see. Surface running 60-62F, dropped to 59 then back up again.

Put in at 90, went to 160 & back in.  Lots of activity on the scene, but all on the bottom.  Took 2 steelhead on riggr’s running mupped bloody Blk & Silver, 35 ft down over 120-130. 

Off at 10:00, got warm out there.  They’ve installed a “drop box†at the launch & they put a reminder on your vehicle to fill out card & pay. ($8.00)  Maybe they’ll fix that dam rut!

All of 6 boats in the new marina.  (2 freaking yachts!)  Oh boy, City blew another 30 million!

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

that looks to be about a 1985 or 1986 vein rude 70 outboard to me. My dad has the same engine on his 1975 sea nymph ss170

75 hp & still going strong. :)

Just mounted two Evinrude 70's on my whaler, the boat goes like hell but neither motor idles well, been frustrating for trolling so far.  Cleaned carbs but otherwise out of ideas - hate to mount a kicker on a boat with twins to save the season.  Those marks sure look like bait to me!

Bear - Give Hank a PM (L&M).  I'm sure he'd look at them for you.  My 75 idles right down with no problem.  I only carry the kicker for emergencies & when I want to troll real real slow..  (I'm at the age where I don't want to find out if I can paddle in from 4 miles out or not.)

Rol - They're in spawning mode right now.  Mussels have pushed them out & salmon generally cruise above them (pelagic).  Nature's law of survival I guess.

Tom B.

(LongLine)