Deans Cove Fishing

You don't say what you're looking for or how you want to fish but you can go about 1/3 of a mile south and fish in front of Poplar Beach, it's the dense cluster of houses you'll run into south of the launch. There's a nice laker jigging shelf that runs another 1/3 of a mile or so. When you run out of houses you'll run out of shelf.

Excellent area, for trout anyway. Start looking in 60-80 fow and expand from there. Drop a 1 oz white jig to the bottom give it a few jigs and reel up at moderate speed. Play around with the jig and retrieve. Lots of info around on this technique if you're interested. If you're trolling deep cranks will still work for silver fish. Have fun!

Well we launched and fished to the north like several other boat and saw just a few school of bait right next to shore. Got nothing there and did not see any caught there. Crossed to long point, scattered fish on TV and had several and misses, in fact we lost a lot of fish. Met up with Mr Oneida Lake who caught three fish while we were talking to him in 45 minutes. He did that just to embarrass-ha ha- us, thanks for all the hints you gave us. Hope to fish with you again. Oh we ended up with just one fish and a small salmon boated. Quit about one-exhausted ate at A&J and went home.....good day and made another friend.....jk Trying for Monday next trip

i also launched at deans and trolled south from 25 to 100 feet and didnt mark very much.Headed for long point for some jigging.and marked fish from 45 to 100 feet just north of the point .. wife caught the biggest at 10.3 pound

i also launched at deans and trolled south from 25 to 100 feet and didnt mark very much.Headed for long point for some jigging.and marked fish from 45 to 100 feet just north of the point .. wife caught the biggest at 10.3 pound

post-148054-0-27517900-1465074619_thumb.jpg

Haha I said I read a lot but post rarely jk1. So here I am, I'll try posting more to keep in touch with you guys, it was very nice meeting you and your friend. If you see me out there stop by anytime. I ended up landing 13 lakers, I fished till 3 and realized I was looking like burnt toast. I'm going to try getting out again soon possibly Monday. I like the name you gave me "mr.Oneida lake" haha my username on here is squealingreels but can't seem to log in properly. And that is a beautiful fish Mr. Laker taker

Edited by Squealingreels