Another big boy !

post-160085-14646130446589_thumb.jpg

Nothing going on the roost again for me, so I took a ride around my spots and saw 9 Jakes and a long beard, 3 hens. My buddy told me to go stalk them down so I did..as he text me where they were.

A 2 mile stalk thru bush and 87 temp it was a hot one. As I got close to the edge of the field I crawled the rest of the way because the turkeys were 40 yards out. When I was 5 yards away from the field edge a hen heard me in the brush and putted , but came in to see what I was . So I took my fan out of my vest ,fanned it out . She saw it and yelped a couple times and calmed down . I was 45 from the long beard. He just sat there and looked at me but 45 is good for me .I took the shot and folded him . What a season I had this year.

9 1/2 beard and 1 1/4 spur Big birds this year

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's a great story, we tried an ambush, that didn't turn out we got called out buy a hen in the roost that we never saw, kept our eyes out in the field. You had a great idea there with the turkey fan, I truely believe that's what saved your ass.LOL congrats on your harvest, that's a damn nice bird!!!