My season is done

My cousin and I went out yesterday in a remote area near the PA line.  Nothin doin so after a few hours we decide to check out a farm I have permission to hunt in Bath.  On the way there over the rolling hills I noticed some birds in a freshly planted corn field.  I turned the truck around and we glassed them for 40 minutes or so.  We have all seen Tom's strutting so that isn't what was interesting.  There were 3 hens all not interested in Tommy boy and all of a sudden a 4th hen popped up on the road we were on and just stayed there.  She was there for over 20 minutes until a car finally came - he had to slow down because she wouldn't get out of the way right away.  The interesting part is that this was a paved road - not a dirt road.  The other thing we saw was one of the 3 hens in the field was hell bent on chasing a killdeer.  After a while we tried to shock gobble the Tom and he didn't pay any attention to us and I guess that is kinda what is going on with hunting in a nut shell.  I thought I would have had a better year this year but it is what it is.  I am just glad I took time to go fishing instead of chasing birds non stop.  Something I need to start doing in November and December when deer hunting is rough.