Owasco Memorial Day Weekend

The oral surgeon rescheduled my wisdom tooth removal surgery and I was able to fish this weekend with my family. Fishing was hot, pretty much all weekend and every rod took a shot or 3. Riggers with free sliders took the most hits by far.

Landed 20+ lakers up to 29 inches, an average 6lb walleye and one small bow around 18 inches. Dropped at least another dozen fish, with young anglers on the boat. My nephew even managed a stocky 26 inch pike from the dock.

post-149977-14646365314916_thumb.jpgpost-149977-1464636552614_thumb.jpgpost-149977-14646365695727_thumb.jpgpost-149977-14646365817604_thumb.jpg

Way to get into the fish and get the kids involved! That ff screen is so good it looks like it's set on simulation mode! [emoji2]

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That screen was lighting up in that specific location.  It resulted in 2 triples and i even had a double on the same rigger rod.  Only the second time, I've had a cheater fish and one on the main spoon together.  

With your downrigger down to a set depth (say 60'); attach another leader with a lure onto your fishing line that is attached to your release. That "slider" will slide down your line about half way down (about 30").

Rusty & I Trolled the upper 2/3's of Owasco last week  as a front moved through with winds out of the NW and marked very few fish plus not one release, weather wise we should stayed home, does any one know if the lakers have moved up to the north half of Owasco yet? Any help would be appreciated.Gary

Lakers are still biting. This was the biggest of the day. 29.5 inches. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1465139054.441524.jpg

Way to go Alex !! I know you don't trailer to other lakes but would love to see you fish the 2 FLTA tournaments each year on Owasco ..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke