Seneca trout derby!

Well congrats to all that fished on this tough weekend I'm sure I'm not the only one saying the fish caught had to be earned!!! Well I also have to say thanks to nick on reel stories for having me aboard for the weekend the clients he had are returning derby boys that have been Fishing it with him now for several years and let me tell you this they are here to fish and do a great job. Well Friday was nothing like we expected had a few bows and some lakers but nothing big for sure. Saturday started with a bang with bows coming quick just trying to find the right ones was the game we played. After awhile we would start to add a few more rods to the spread and fight for those lakers and it payed off when I parked a 104 rigger and literally instantly took a fish 10.91 laker that would go on to hold 1st place in the male division for the clients. We would go on to pick at lakers and bows. Day 2 we found ourselves working fast and furious to start with the Atlantic's with a 6.5 nice fish but just not enough.. And then the bows showed up and wow did we have some fun with them until the storm came through and made us head to the dock smart move knowing this lake. Sunday we would find are area we had been working destroyed by the storm water all changed full of garbage and unable to fish it so search mode it was we found some lakers and one more willing bow to play. All and all it was a fun weekend lots of laughs and smiles good times on the lake. We finished with 27 bites 15 of them were introduced to the club a few let go and a few did the one fin wave lol. Thanks again to captain nick for having me join him for the fun weekend have fun and tight lines

Edited by Keep'n it Reel

nice report, I love to fish Seneca lake don't care if it is a tuff bite it will be back to no one fishing it witch means I can get in a nice quiet morning of fishing in be for the boaters come out