Seneca 5/26-5/30

My report is pretty consistent with those I have heard or read. I had fished 5/22 and struggled also so I was really anxious about what the derby was gonna be like. From Thursday to Monday I boated roughly 22 fish in approximately 50 hours of fishing and very few lakers. I ran mostly spoons off riggers, cores, coppers, ran ff combos some. ff bite was nill for me. threw out some hammerhead cowbells a combo that I used to use with great success and nada. Roughly 20 some years ago I fished my first derby and it was using cowbells and peanuts with a 16 oz drop weight I mentioned that fact on sunday to my crew while washing lures. I was not prepared to run that set up and then of course I read "fisherdudes" post... well done by the way! Anyway it was a grind, but that is par for the course when it comes to fishing 4-5 days straight. The high point was hooking a dandy brown trout 9.34# on BFF to take the prize. I was shocked, absolutely shocked that I won. I Could not believe the lack of fish at weigh in. A big thanks to Nick and Mike for coordinating BFF its a great way to meet fellow fisherman and put a face with the name or handle so to speak.

no particular lure was a stud but the brown hit a FLT alewife spoon, but sadly that spoon only took one other fish the rest of the weekend.

See ya next year! Time to get back to Lake O. But I will be fishing sunday of Canandaigua derby.

Tightlines to all!

post-152882-14647426793975_thumb.jpg

post-152882-14647427104862_thumb.jpg

post-152882-14647427293979_thumb.jpg

post-152882-14647427484842_thumb.jpg

Edited by FLX TROLLER

Great report and beautiful brown.. Fishing was definitely tough.. Awesome pics too! But that one pic of your son having a great time is the biggest reward you received all weekend and that's what it's all about.. Keep up the great work and congrats on BFF...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1e955ca4cd9de26bee12a95f0c0dfba0.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice brown congratulations :yes: !  Mike is exactly right when he says the experience had with your kid is truly priceless because that is really what the experience out there is all about. My son has been fishing with me since he was 2 1/2 years old and he remains my primary fishing partner to this day and I cherish every moment still of our "adventures" together and now instead of playing with his army men in the front of the boat he busts my chops and vise versa. It is life long and we both love it :) .