2016 MI Chapter 69 Chautauqua Lake Muskie Tournament, 06/11/2016

Figured I would start a separate thread for this...

Where else is information regarding this tournament posted? As of 2 weeks ago I didn't even know it was on the 11th instead of the last Saturday of June like it usually is. Dan Hughes (lungelumber) didn't know either and he always participates so should we advertise this elsewhere to make sure that other anglers who plan on fishing it or are unaware of it get a heads up? 

Looking forward to actually being able to fish it (and probably get smoked by trollers like always  :lol: ) again this year! 

I thought the 11th was at Waneta? Website still has 2015 events posted.

I think that's the problem, if someone hasn't made a meeting there really isn't anywhere else you can find information on the tourney that i'm aware of!  We gotta change that!

Tournament fishing hours are 7am till 3:30pm.

$25 for Muskies Inc. members and $35 for non members.

Rules will be the same as last year using the Muskies Inc. points system scored by individual angler.

There will be an optional big (longest) fish pool for $5. Big fish takes all.

Registration at the Mayville launch 6am til 7:15am.

Awards will be handed out at the Mayville launch at about 4:30pm. Then we will have a cookout and raffle.

Edited by muskiedreams

Possibly this is an indication as to why we need to atleast get the Chautauqua dates solidified and submitted to mi for the publication of the mi calendar.I think we are missing out on drawing entrants from the ohio and pa areas, maybe even thier border states.A lot of people fish Chautauqua and that would give people plenty of time to plan ahead.JMO

Bob

I put an announcement up on the esoxeast and M1 boards. This is usually one of the bread and butter tournaments with a good turnout but I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else so who knows how it will end up... Why don't we also get Mike Sperry's shop involved with organization of future tournaments? He's a valuable asset to have right on the lake and back when Larry had early signup perks like st. croix rods I felt it made a big difference and got more people involved and maybe this is something Mike could help us with in addition to advertising it through his shop?

I have changed awards presentation time to give anglers time to get to Mayville from the south basin with their submissions. Submissions will be accepted at the Mayville launch between 3:30pm and 4;30pm. Awards will be presented shortly after that.

Muskies Inc. members please bring proof of current membership.

Here is a link to the tournament page on our website which also has a link to the tournament rules PDF that can be printed.

We are also working on possibly adding another registration location. I will provide any updates on the tournament page and here.

Had a lot of fun fishing the tournament.  Tough conditions all around with the wind.  Friday fishing was better than Saturday for us.  I believe the biggest fish of the tournament was 44". 

We got a couple mid-40's fish on Friday and "the hump back of Chautauqua Lake" on Saturday.  Joe did his best to impersonate the hump back... haha :lol:

post-139486-0-44652700-1465835820_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-89315500-1465835825_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-56744100-1465835830_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-11090600-1465835836_thumb.jpg

Lake is really setting up nice and the fishery looks to be very healthy.  Lots of bait out there.

Yes, The big fish pool winner was 44". The same angler also won first place for most points. There were a total of 19 fish 30" and above submitted and there were 30 participants. Third place was won by a female youth member.

Jim has all the catch submissions so once I talk to him I will be able to post a little more detail. I don't want to misspell names or post inaccurate info.

The wind made it tough but at least we didn't get the heavy thunder storms that were forecast. There were a lot of big floating weed mats south of the bridge.