owasco6-28-08

fished fron 6am till noon,1 lake trout no eyes markin lots of bait in 40-50 fow ,no takers moved in between 30 -40 fow more bait clouds but still no eyes,fished from the pump house down to dutch hollow,gettin a little discouragin but still better than work!!and so long 4 now;john

John, late May-July put on the night hat. Work seems even more difficult the next day but I get use to it. Sad thing is, needs to be windy to get em reel good. Never fun dodging t-storms and hard wind in the dark. but its been my best program for them eyes. good luck.

kevin

i've tried fishing walleye during the day on owasco several times with no luck. it seems the only time i catch any during the day is when i am trolling for trout. i know there is some old timers fishing them during the day with some luck, but they are pretty tight lipped.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm an old timer if you consider I've been on this lake 20 nyears now. My boat has caught one 'eye during the day since stocking, and that was at dusk. I catch all my 'eyes at night from 12-3 AM from early June - early August along the shore during the mooneye spawn. Get a mess of big smallies then too. Gotta find your spots.