Help! Moor sub troll with autostop

I am trying to install my sub troll but i am having problems mounting the black release without the downrigger ripping it off on my downrigger. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix it so i can have it stop ripping off the clamp so i can have release above the probe. Thank you

Edited by nathaniel

Supposedly, you need to make sure that the coated cable is stripped and and attached to the downrigger prior to winding it on. In reality, we've tried multiple times over the years without success, in part I"m sure because the probe comes out of the water well before the ball. Yes, we are dummies, but we've come to the conclusion that it's easier to bring one of the riggers up "manually"...pushing a button. You may have better luck than us.

Yeah. I did the same as you Gator, I didn't strip the wire when it first  goes on spool so I lost the auto stop feature on my cannon. That being said, on the terminal end I stripped a bit of cable and attached my black's release with a thimble and wrapped it with insulated tape. Probe goes to bottom of release then weight with "break away cable."

Strip off enough coating off cable. Complete wire-line knot (same one you use for dipsys) onto a blacks release. Cover connection with electrical tape. I use a 3' section of cable below the probe down to the cannonball so when I stop the release while bringing up the rig, the cannonball stays under water lessening the chances it bounce-snaps off in waves. As others have stated you may have to bite the bullet and unspool all the wire to make sure where it enters the spool the coating is off that small section. Take the rigger down to a school playground and walk off all the wire, strip some coating off and reinstall. Your cable will want to loop off the spool causing major headaches so keep cable under tension coming off and going on. Either get someone to help you or attach end swivel to a fence or tree.

Edited by Gill-T