Turkey hatch ?

Me and my buddy went to our property in Redfield this past Monday to do some mowing.  He got out of his truck and was promptly "attacked" by a young tom.  Came at him clucking with wings out and down, real tough guy pose.  Funniest thing I have seen in a while, startled my buddy pretty good, we had no idea they were there.  Next thing I saw was bunch of yellow puff balls run across the trail.  Mom showed herself soon after.

Me and my buddy went to our property in Redfield this past Monday to do some mowing.  He got out of his truck and was promptly "attacked" by a young tom.  Came at him clucking with wings out and down, real tough guy pose.  Funniest thing I have seen in a while, startled my buddy pretty good, we had no idea they were there.  Next thing I saw was bunch of yellow puff balls run across the trail.  Mom showed herself soon after.

I watched these two this morning picking bugs in the yard...... saw a blackbird fly over one she darn near broke her neck slinging her head out of the way....... now looks like drying wings and feathers off my best guess is that they both have a nest near and want to dry off before they go back to sitting on the eggs......

post-139487-0-29858800-1465047999_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-86201400-1465048107_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-28976300-1465048052_thumb.jpg

I had a hen a couple weeks ago right out back in a small depression on the hill under a bush for days and I though she was going to nest there but she disappeared. Hope it wasn't a fox or coyote at fault and she just changed her mind about the site (like many ladies do:>) :lol:

• 1 month later...