Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JGS

6/3 Otisco

Went for a quick evening troll just to get out in the water while we had a chance this weekend. Fished from 630 to 9 with nothing to show but weeds here and there. Found large schools of bait in 45-60 fow, suspended from 10 to 25 ft down. Fished that until the sun started going down and then moved in tight to 20-30 fow. Managed one 23-1/2" just after the sun went down on a green gander glo stinger with a small snap weight. Weed mats were too much to deal with in the dark so we called it quits around 10.

post-150612-0-74845300-1465038380_thumb.jpeg

great fish, i was going to fish it tonight but now you have me worried about the floating weeds

Main lake, south of the sand bar was not bad, fish and weeds came north of the sand bar.

great fish, i was going to fish it tonight but now you have me worried about the floating weeds

Skip the trolling gear and cast... use your trolling motor and your ears...there are fish just starting to move back up after the dramatic warm up. Weeds aren't bad casting yet at all. Not that trolling can't work if you scout a section to work in daylight....

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice wally. man....we caught a 21 incher yesterday on Honeoye but that pic sure makes it look dwarfed :lol:

I wanna take a minute to thank Justin for his hospitality last night.   He invited me to his waters to throw some sticks around.  It was a great time and he is very knowledgeable.   The fishing was tough but what a night to to be on the water to sponge up some info.    It's guys like that that make this board great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.