Fish Hawk Problem

Does anyone have a problem with wiring the x4 to the fuse box and not directly to the battery? Recently installed an x4 and it powers up and displays boat and probe temp and speed but intermittently turns on and off. It's a pain to run wires to the battery so I was hoping not have to do that.

Thanks for any replies

Does anyone have a problem with wiring the x4 to the fuse box and not directly to the battery? Recently installed an x4 and it powers up and displays boat and probe temp and speed but intermittently turns on and off. It's a pain to run wires to the battery so I was hoping not have to do that.

Thanks for any replies

I would run it with everything else off, and if it don't do that ,yes you have to go to the battery, or if you have a spare

battery bring it along and wire direct for a test, it could be the unit.

Should not be a problem as long as the wire going to the fuse panel is sized right to carry the demand/load needed.

The only thing I have wired direct to the battery is the auto bilge pump.

Edited by Firechief48

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem re-wired it to the battery still had issues... pulled the boat out to check the ducer and it was chewed by a muskrat :( ... fish hawk sent me a new ducer and I replaced it and now it's flawless

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had the same problem re-wired it to the battery still had issues... pulled the boat out to check the ducer and it was chewed by a muskrat :( ... fish hawk sent me a new ducer and I replaced it and now it's flawless

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ha! Too funny!

• 2 weeks later...