Boat gas tank please help

Nature12

Hey guys I'm in desperate need of help bought this boat last spring and have gone completely through it here is where I'm at boat has a aluminum 122 gallon gas tank I have flushed washed with simple green circulated through double filters 11 different filters and am still getting crap and loading up my carbs it has a 200 hp yamaha outboard is there anyone in the finger lakes area that would be willing to help me change this tank to a 60- 80 gallon plastic or that I could hire any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I'm tired of going out on the water to be forced in with my kicker thanks

I used a industrial strength parts cleaner poured it in let it set for a while. Bought a bag of marbles and then shook the living $hit out of it kept the solvent and the marbles. Repeated this till I could see it getting better, then dumped fuel and the marbles shook the hell out of again looked pretty good. Put a inline filter past the the primer bulb if an I/O put a water seperator or a inline filter before the carb, preferably

I had the same problem a few years back got a good deal on a center console I just pumped it dry let the rest of the fuel evaporate did my best with a small shop vac and just change filters after about 2 filters all was good if your near dansville I'd be happy to help you out

I cleaned a tank by siphoning the tank through the drain plug into containers after removing the level float assembly. Then we used old tee shirts on coat hangers to wipe the bottom of the tank clean.

1. Make sure your life and boat insurance are in effect.

2. Make sure you are far away from buildings and your neighbors home.

3. You may have to pay to dispose the old gasoline.

Just pull the old tank and put in a new tank with new clamps and hoses.

So if it is getting into the motor still then it is probably not between the tank and filters and in the line after the filters to the motor. If it is varnish then Straight ethanol (E85) will eat the varnish. Drain any and all fuel from the tank, add about 10-20 gallons of e85 and slosh it around and leave in there for a couple days that will remove any and all varnish (heavier deposits will take longer to dissolve.) I would then flush out the lines going to the motor running the e85 though them all. Empty tank as best you can then fill all the way with NON-ethanol and fuel treatment. Flush lines to motor to ensure only good fuel (non e85) makes it to the motor and you should be good to go. Use the e85 for starting camp fires or take to recycling center.

Edited by Chas0218