Seneca rigs

• 2 weeks later...

One of our field testers lost a couple rigs as well his lead would certainly be noticeable. Almost 70 oz. All Great lakes Lures.... I believe he snaps his leaders on, mine are tied and fixed to 3 ways. Pat Polovick is his name. I don't believe he's on this forum, but if it sounds like a match I can have him call you.

Sounds like one I lost a couple years back. Is there at least one Sutton on it. About a mile or more north of Sampson. Top bead chain caught on second roller in. My dad just kept reeling and the knot pulled out. Not sure where high banks are.

Jason, it's not pats rig his nephew told me what spoons they lost i believe. There's a magic number here, which is rare for a rig and it's a way I never fished them growing up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

sounds like stay clear of water treatment plant on east side .  in reports  guy loss a  copper rig in spring  and what is the number up to now 6  seth green rigs, ouch

I fish a lot of rigs... 4 is the most I would fish at any one time, but there is a limit! 3 rods per person is the limit. 5 points per rod... I can and do fish 4 rigs and put 10 more rods out with leadcore and copper..having 5 people on board.trollers club rules restrict lures to 20..

To get to your point Nick, I will upload pics of my lead and 3 ways... This would be a determinating factor.. I only fish 5 leaders, and single leader thumped rigs. As far as lure and color, I fished a lot of stuff, no idea.... Magic # has me curious...5 leader is preferred.

The lures I have are from the derby I'll guarantee it. Also, they are your product. Id be more than happy to get then to their owner.

OH! Theres about the same amount of wire with a plain GL #4 in 60 fow just north of Lodi too :lol: Jason, I will need another order soon :thinking:

I love the idea of a lost and found section of discussion....

As far as GL#4's, I have 2000 more ready for paint, polish and assemble, so there should be plenty available soon!

Nick, here are some pics of my rigs and leads. I generally keep 8 on hand, all are exactly the same as you see here. Round weights on the planerboard rigs, long weights for the boat rigs. I have the only molds for these weights, as they are custom made. Note the 3 ways I use. I haven't found anyone else who uses them,and most I know remove and store leaders separate.

post-154630-0-35926000-1466092475_thumb.jpg

post-154630-0-38887100-1466092507_thumb.jpg

post-154630-0-58905400-1466092528_thumb.jpg

That's the way we used our three ways. Just didn't take them off the lines

I find its easier and faster to run rigs this way. Personally I have seen and had trouble winding bead chain thru a roller tip. I can put a 5 leader rig in the water and fishing in less than 5 mins.

I'm very curious who owns the rig you have... For several reasons,but of course the fact it was al GLL spoons. So I will offer an incentive. If you find who it belongs to, I will give that person $100 dollars of credit for our lures. Redeemable at 4 locations between Seneca and Cayuga. Those are Catherine Valley Outfitters, Brewers Sporting goods, Fishy Business, and Hook Line and Sinker.

Who ever lost that rig.. Big thank you for your support!