Great day to be on the waterFish were scattered but we found good action at 300 and 150 anywhere from 90 down to 50.Lots a skippers and two nice lakers.One laker was caught on a dipsey.The flasher snagged a lost flasher and lure that still held the laker.I think there was something else snagged as the fish at first was very strong.A memorail fight as i never snagged another line that deep and also had a fish still on.

Many good days ahead for sure,water temp was 65 on top all the way outto 300 and 46 70 down.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Another great day on lake ontario,I got a call from a friend and fish were found at 300 ft.We were just about there and hit a nice 18 lber on a mag green and white with black edge.michigan slammer.Caught a few more skippers and some lake trout.Great weather surface temp cooler than last week 62 degrees with break at 100.Big king was 140 ft.down on rigger,one hit on dipsey 0 for copper 450.Many good days ahead for sure

• 1 month later...

Hi fellow  trollers

yesterday i went out solo.I took temp inside and found the thermocline started about 80 ft.I marked alot of bait and fish inside but few majors ,so i went out to 200 and marked my first king 120 over 200.I had a small spread 1 mag black diver with a green dot silver spiny took the first small king about 6 lbs.The next hit was a magnum NK 160 over 210.A larger fish about 12 lbs.next hit came on a mag diamond king green tape and glow .Good productive spoon over the twenty plus years Ive used them.I had a few other hits before I came as the iwind died and it was to hot to enjoy the fishing.

Good luck

John

I had a good solo afternoon On Thursday. From 1-3:00 in 150 fow. Deep riggers at 111 and mag dipseys out 247 and 275 on a 2.5 setting. Most bites on flasher/fly's. Good pods of bait and a few degrees cooler on the surface. Never had down temp as my batteries died in the fish hawk. Took a 20 lbs+ King on the 247 dipsey, lost another screamer that hit and ran on the 275 dipsey, couple teenage kings and a few steelhead on the riggers

• 2 weeks later...

Fished morning trip with Captain Dick.Lots of fish around we went 5 for 8 mostly small kings a nice coho .Didnt bother with the lakers though we spoted many..Tons of bait and fish thermocline was streched out so fishing was slow for large kings though we marked many.best action was about 105  to 115 ,west of our port.Small MK took many fishas a slider.green and silver was better later before the storm

We marked many fish today with good bait.There should be little concern of lack of fish.lack of boats on the water compared to former years  is more common.lol

Went out late for bass ,fish are deep 28 to 40 ft

have a good fishing weekend

john

Personally as a weekend warrior, it seems the fishing is tougher in the last few years and somewhat frustrating.  You're right about the boats too.  I was out Tuesday off Bear creek, totally flat and not another boat around. Fishing was dismal so I understand.  Hopefully things will improve over the next few years.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow morning looks good ,did a little scouting late and lots of nice  big fish around our port.Cant get over how few boats have been out probaably due to dismal reports.Flasher fly with a silver horde running ab0ve it use to take almost all the kings we caught.Good luck tomorrow all.

Noce king right away chro?e green & white spinny 80 ft water diver .burned out reel had to bring to net. by hand.24 lbs

get a diawa saltist awesome drag and retrieve rate! worth the extra $$

Went out last night and poof the fish were gone again

Im sure 200 would have been productive but watching a climbing thunder head persued me to head back as it was a solo trip

Only one other boat also

Hopefully saturday will bring better

35 years on LO has taught me patience

GOOD FISHING