Canadice and Hemlock Landmarks

Not a lot of structure in Hemlock. It is like a big bowl. Shallow and large weed bed areas at the ends. Along the length of both sides, water depth increases rapidly from shore. In very small coves on the sides, you will find small weed beds close to shore. Will also find some points along side where water depth is more variable. Center line of lake is pretty flat without a lot of depth change except over some distance.

It's fascinating to envision so many cottages and human structure along this lake shore ..speaking of Hemlock. Today's tranquil shoreline as wild as it gets west of the Adirondacks.

Ya gotta spend a few weekends skurting the shore line, there are subtle landmarks on both shores most of us regulars identify a few areas but time on the water is necessary.

I know the city has a map available it shows some changes in the shore line I think you will be surprised I don't think of this lake as a "bowl" at all but years of exploration make it very special I hunt and fish both shorelines many fond memories . Good luck I am yaking it now down there and love it.

I paddled about half way down Hemlock on Saturday morning...only caught a few fish, but man the feeling is great. I'd agree with Adirondack quality, but without all the yahoos who invade the 'dacks each summer. There were a grand total of two boat on the water when I launched at 5:45 and maybe ten when I pulled out at 10:30. No jet skis. Not much wake action from the small boats. Guys flyfishing from canoes. Excellent!

Totally agree with you guys - can't beat the tranquility of either of these two lakes. 

Been spending a lot of time on them the past few years in the yak.  Doesn't matter if it's family time with the wife and daughters, fishing solo, or date night with the wife, it's all the same escape from real life for a few hours.

Wife and I went on a couple of nighttime paddles on Canadice during the full moons last year, looking forward to doing it again. 

My only gripe if i had one would be the shallow launch when I trailer.  When I hand launch it is fine.  Many a trip on Hemlock I didn't do much catching and still felt like it was a great trip.  People are always friendly when you do see them and you don't have to explain to pleasure boaters and jet skis why they are being rude.

That launch was an adventure when I had my 16footer man in late July I was swimming out there.

I think that's the absolute best thing no freaking big obnoxious boats busting by at 40mph.

Love it nice n quiet your not swiveling you head around like an owl to save her ass.