Ive been after walleye and haven't been out that way, but I have heard there are lots of bait from lighthouse out to finger and North west corner. I've been studying the currents and temps, and ready to make a run, they should be there, I would think the top 60 FOW would be where to start the spread.

Have made 3 trips to the shipping lanes in the last 8 days. Have caught 1 Atlantic. 2 Steelhead, a dozen skippy throwback Kings, and a bunch of huge Lake Trout. No mature Kings yet. I was out there yesterday.

Shawn - see photo.

The lanes are NW of Galloo toward the Canadian island of Main Duck and very close to the Canadian border (which you need to be aware of out there). The chart was on "heading up" so top of the screen is approximately East. The islands you see from left to right are Main Duck, Galloo and part of little Stony at the top right.

Pay attention to the weather... it's a run. Likely won't heat up out there for mature Silver till end of Month and into July.  Right now you'll see a few Saiff boats out there and some others cowbellin' for Lakers right along 'The Wall'.

We don't cowbell... try to target Silver at all times but this time of year you'll still get a bunch of big suspended Lake Trout that will hit on Riggers, Dipseys, long Cores, and Copper.

Good luck.

post-151421-14652209236419_thumb.jpg

Edited by FleetTracker

Thank you very much!! I should be able to figure it out. I watch the Bill Saiff Outdoors videos and he said the same thing about not using Cow Bells.. I caught a big laker in 30 FOW earlier this spring and I couldn't believe it was a laker because of the way it was fighting.. When I target Lakers with cowbells it just feels like I am reeling in a brick.. It would be nice to catch some Lakers on light tackle and still have a chance at some Silver! I am new to the area and this is only my second season. I am stationed at Fort Drum but often drive down to Mexico point. I would love to learn the North eastern basin area since it is closer to me. I don't know how much longer I will be Stationed here before the Army decides to move me. I have been here three years already. For all I know this might be my last season.. Thanks again! It greatly appreciated!

No problem.

Skinny water lake trout on spoons fight awesome. So do the suspended monsters out there down 60-80' so long as it's not being brought in with cowbells.

Here's to you sticking out this season in this area and getting into some big Silver later this year! Thank you for your service!!!

Oh and watch out for these large critters out in the lanes... they look slow and harmless but man do they displace some big rolling wake!

post-151421-14652312864321_thumb.jpg

Edited by FleetTracker

Scoot to 150' - 180' and work the contours near "the wall"... they call it that for a reason, so don't get caught with your riggers down and come up on it!!  Give yourself some room, especially if you see the charters working that area tightly.  We'd all like to think that other boats will do the right thing and not force you into a bad position but that's rarely the case.  Don't get caught inside and put yourself in that position.

I'd start with a rigger high around 40-50' and another rigger 80-100' and dipseys splitting that range.  Do you have a temp probe?  I usually put my deep rigger at 42-43deg and work up from there.

Spoon on the high rigger.  flasher/fly on dipseys and low rigger.  "Stack" or "Cheat" the low rigger with a spoon.  I have been running big boards and throwing out 6-10 color cores but not necessary.  keep it simple.

Scoot to 150' - 180' and work the contours near "the wall"... they call it that for a reason, so don't get caught with your riggers down and come up on it!!  Give yourself some room, especially if you see the charters working that area tightly.  We'd all like to think that other boats will do the right thing and not force you into a bad position but that's rarely the case.  Don't get caught inside and put yourself in that position.

I'd start with a rigger high around 40-50' and another rigger 80-100' and dipseys splitting that range.  Do you have a temp probe?  I usually put my deep rigger at 42-43deg and work up from there.

Spoon on the high rigger.  flasher/fly on dipseys and low rigger.  "Stack" or "Cheat" the low rigger with a spoon.  I have been running big boards and throwing out 6-10 color cores but not necessary.  keep it simple.

FleetTracker, in the Henderson area is there any closer productive spot then the wall in shipping lane to catch those monsters lakers and kings. I'm from Quebec and have been interested in going in the Henderson Harbor this summer. It's a 3.5 to 4 hours drive for me to get there witch is reasonnable. I have a good size boat (Crestliner commander 1850) but it's a 20 + miles ride to get there. I've been fishing lake Ontario for few years but never fished that far.   

Went out on Sunday 5/29 and caught 5 lakers and a tiny King. Out again Saturday 6/4 and caught three good lakers and three kings, one 19.5 pounds. All were around 155 fow both days, baby kings are up higher, lakers anywhere from 50' down to 120', the bigger King was down 110' caught around noon Sunday.

post-151827-14652644568452_thumb.jpgpost-151827-14652644782717_thumb.jpg

FleetTracker, in the Henderson area is there any closer productive spot then the wall in shipping lane to catch those monsters lakers and kings. I'm from Quebec and have been interested in going in the Henderson Harbor this summer. It's a 3.5 to 4 hours drive for me to get there witch is reasonnable. I have a good size boat (Crestliner commander 1850) but it's a 20 + miles ride to get there. I've been fishing lake Ontario for few years but never fished that far.   

You can try off the "Finger" West of the Stony Point Lighthouse... mainly on bottom.  Again, you'll see a lot of charters pounding that area. 150-170' zone.

Great Job Beyond upstate!

I figured the Kings would be around, I am surprised the fish were that deep. Do you have a probe, and if so very curious of the temps. I'm looking into fishing this weekend, still haven't decided if I'm going to chase walleye or make the switch for Kings. I love walleye but averaging 2-3 a full trip is getting old. I'm looking forward to salmon that's for sure!!

Wish I was getting out there again this weekend, have travels plans the next three weekends.  Looking forward to hearing some reports.  If the lake ever calms down, may try to get out to the lanes one afternoon next week.  The fan has been blowing pretty hard since sunday.