Great to see some early summer action in this area!  We ran out of Cape Vincent to the Lanes on Saturday 6/25. Ran 2 riggers/2 divers. 

down 50-80 in 140-170fow-> 3 skippy kings, 2 10-14lb kings

down 60-70 in 75-90 fow-> 2 Steelies 8-9 lbs 

All rigger bite for us...

Will be out again Friday.

Good luck!

One of my friends went out to the shipping lanes yesterday and tried his luck with silvers. He was fishing stackers at 75 to 95 ft using green flasher fly combos, had 4 releases but no fish. Then he lower his stackers and had a fish on, but as he handed the rod over to his friend on-board they lost it. No more fish the rest of the morning so they headed back to fish lake trout of stony in the trenches. He said they only saw two other boaters out there in the morning besides them. 

Have the salmon not moved into the shipping lanes that much yet or are they somewhere else? We are hoping to go back out him and I next week Monday,Tuesday or Wednesday if they indeed are out in the lanes.

It changes daily.  The fish will stay with the water they are comfortable in, and the water can change quickly.  Personally, this time of year if I have time and the wind cooperates then I'd go fishing.  But until you get there and drop a probe, you won't know what you are in for.  Don't be too quick to make your decisions on yesterday's reports.  I have been out on a Saturday with 70 degree surface water and had water in the upper 40's down 70' in 130 fow and low 40's towards the bottom, then the next day in the same spot it was 70 degrees from the surface down 110'.  The currents are sneaky on the Lake, especially lately.  Some days it will be fishing, other days it will be catching.  If you want an almost sure thing, wait until early September and go catch the dark ones, if you're into that sort of combat fishing...   

We caught 3 lakers and 3 kings out of Henderson today. Caught fish 100 to 115 over 140 to 150. Thermocline was 54 to 48

at those depths. Marked schools of bait and fish. Flasher flies and uv spoons worked best. 2.0 to 2.5 at ball. Between the mountain and finger was best. Fished from 9 am to 230 pm. The big king was 15# and beautiful silver.

We caught 3 lakers and 3 kings out of Henderson today. Caught fish 100 to 115 over 140 to 150. Thermocline was 54 to 48

at those depths. Marked schools of bait and fish. Flasher flies and uv spoons worked best. 2.0 to 2.5 at ball. Between the mountain and finger was best. Fished from 9 am to 230 pm. The big king was 15# and beautiful silver.

Nice job Mark!

What colors of uv spoons worked best for you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I launched out of Henderson Harbor and went to the Shipping lanes. Trolled for two hours out there with nothing to show for it.. Decided to start making my way back and stopped in front of Calf Island in about 130 FOW. Almost instantly a rod fired.. A laker took a black and silver spoon off a rigger down 110.. Then another laker took a flasher fly off a rigger down 120 FOW.. As soon as I got the Black and silver spoon back down there the rod fired again this time a King.. I got him all the way to the back of the boat but couldn't net him myself( I was Solo) I got him half way in the net when the spoon got caught on the net and the Salmon got loose( so close) then another laker.. Then the rigger down 90 fired.. Took a nice steelhead.. Another big laker and then I left. All the action happen one after another.. post-157905-14680244076294_thumb.jpgpost-157905-14680244417867_thumb.jpg

Fished due east of the Sandy Creek launch today. Most action over 125- 145FOW, on meat rigs. Extra long leaders made a huge difference. Was running 25-35ft behind the ball. Didn't get a single spoon bite. Steel down 100 on the dot, Kings closer to two. No probe, so can't give temps. Every fish that made it in the well was "average" size

Sent from my XT1565 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice!! I am glad to hear the fish are there!! Hopefully they cooperate this weekend.. I plan on trying out in front of Calf Island in 130-150 FOW..( I did very good there Friday) If there is nothing there I will head out to the shipping lanes... Maybe the Wall... Looking forward to your report!

Heading out today after work. Hoping they are still there. Thanks a lot for the intel Shawn. Hoping the weather towards the end of this week doesnt screw them up again

Just getting home from fishing

Really Good day once the waves calmed down. Between three of us we brought home 5 lake trout and 5 kings. We lost a huge one right at the boat that peeled out over 500ft of line. We put back at least 8 king skippys that were just too small. Most all ofv the fish were caught in 130-175 fow and down 90-115 @the ball on green jeans spoons and green dolphin spoons. Very few on dipsys but the ones we did was 250ft and spoons also. Will post some pics when im not tired and have to work early in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app