A long time ago I lost a day of fishing because a guy who"never got seasick " had to go back to shore. Since then I have made a point on my boat to let all know that the boat doesn't go back for motion sickness. Might be a little bit much but that is captains rule. Days on the water are few and precious

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

^^^^ Same with me, if it's a friend that hasn't been out with me before that says "I don't get seasick and don't need Dramamine" I say----take it or you are not going, it's happened to many times, and I usually only can fish one day a week if I'm lucky, I can't loose a day

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A long time ago I lost a day of fishing because a guy who"never got seasick " had to go back to shore. Since then I have made a point on my boat to let all know that the boat doesn't go back for motion sickness. Might be a little bit much but that is captains rule. Days on the water are few and precious

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

I like that in 53 yrs never got seasick till last summer luckily cell was dead. So crew could not get pics but we stayed out If Capt can fish through it crew can

We caught 4 kings and 1 lake trout between the mountain and the finger. We caught fish in 135 to 145 feet of water down 90 to 135. FF and spoons. UV green was best. We caught 3 of the kings on UV green spoon 90 down on wingers. They were definitely in 60 degree water. Lake was calm. All fish came between 1 and 3 p.m.

We caught 4 kings and 1 lake trout between the mountain and the finger. We caught fish in 135 to 145 feet of water down 90 to 135. FF and spoons. UV green was best. We caught 3 of the kings on UV green spoon 90 down on wingers. They were definitely in 60 degree water. Lake was calm. All fish came between 1 and 3 p.m.

Nice!! Thanks for the report! I am going to try and get out there tomorrow afternoon..

We out for a short afternoon troll yesterday off the finger.  Temps were gone, but fish still around.  Had 60 degrees from 70 feet down to 120 over 140.  50 degrees on the bottom.  Pulled all stingray/mag spoons.  Lost a good rip on a 400 copper pulling a caddyshack.  One laker and two shaker kings on riggers down 95 and 110.  

Shawn, good luck if you get out today, lake was pretty rough this morning when I left for work, supposed to build the rest of the day.

We fished Sunday also for the Brest cancer tournement, after Saturday we were in 1st and 3rd place for King salmon and excited to fish Sunday, however we started the day with a snapped outside rigger line, lost winger and Ball. Then lost 2 different kings that charged the boat. Fished mostly off the mountain to 2 miles past finger. Hit a 20lb King on wire Dipsey 225' out pulling a mag customized green jeans spoon.

Hit some smaller 6lb kings and some lakers, but bite was slower than Saturday.

I switched to a complete flasher/fly spread and immediately had a screamer on a rigger 125' down, but lost fish not far from boat. Over all a fun day, weather was awesome, can't wait to get back out. Good luck guys487429915b8b56bde97ab948c02417fd.jpged6d8ca6c086db287b953ae8081d41a2.jpg0c3e8ba1ba310a4adda6354e612c9c52.jpg

We out for a short afternoon troll yesterday off the finger. Temps were gone, but fish still around. Had 60 degrees from 70 feet down to 120 over 140. 50 degrees on the bottom. Pulled all stingray/mag spoons. Lost a good rip on a 400 copper pulling a caddyshack. One laker and two shaker kings on riggers down 95 and 110.

Shawn, good luck if you get out today, lake was pretty rough this morning when I left for work, supposed to build the rest of the day.

Thanks for the warning! I don't think I am going out this evening. I was hoping the wave report would be wrong but looks like it's correct. I guess I will just get some sleep and finish installing the Sub-troll on my boat...

Hi markdaniel, I've been following that post from the begining and it's very interesting. I'm wondering where are the mountain and the finger?

Hi markdaniel, I've been following that post from the begining and it's very interesting. I'm wondering where are the mountain and the finger?

Crestliner,

To answer your question I think the finger and mountain is past the pill boxes along the high wall of the Henderson straight out towards the stony light house. It is a ways out there past the light house If I am correct but maybe someone more knowing can chime in here on this for you. If you look at the lake contours of Lake Ontario you will see contours that look like fingers in a depth of around 120-150ft

Dan,

This past Saturday we had about 30 total hits, we ended up with 15 kings and 4 lakers. Until I zeroed in on what they wanted we got several knockoffs and lost 3 matures. Also we had about 9 hits with nobody home, if your release is tight enough to set the hook its probably the fact they just were nipping at it, which happens. Sunday was opposite for us, we only had 8 bites all day. We landed one 20 lb King and lost two. The rest all hooked up tight and landed.

So if your hooks are sharp and your release is not set too loose you will better your chances but some days they are just nipping, other days they have lock jaw, and some days they just smash the **** out of whatever you put down, LOL

I use Black's releases and a rubber band. I have very few false releases. I did abandon the pinch pad type releases many years ago.

X2, now I have free sliding Blacks that I peg with a tooth pick for a fixed sliders

One thing about the chamberlain release is you can really load up the rod tension which is differant from the line release, I will agree with fleet on that. I still use the Blacks though for there price and simplicity!!

Edited by pap