You can also buy a lot of rubber bands for the cost of 1 Chamberlin Release.

P.S. This discussion belongs in the tackle and techniques forum. It has nothing to do with fishing reports from around Calf Island.

No kidding, I was seeing some solid 3-4s in BRB at 0630 this morning before work.  Hopefully it dies down tonight, supposed to building during the day today.

Hoping you guys can get out this weekend... I'm stuck in Australia for work through mid-next week but will be up next weekend to see if the Kings are still around in numbers like last weekend. Be safe out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hoping you guys can get out this weekend... I'm stuck in Australia for work through mid-next week but will be up next weekend to see if the Kings are still around in numbers like last weekend. Be safe out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I missed out last weekend so I was hoping for some good fishing this weekend. I am hearing its pretty rough out there right now.

No kidding, I was seeing some solid 3-4s in BRB at 0630 this morning before work. Hopefully it dies down tonight, supposed to building during the day today.

Yuh hopefully it will calm down by Sunday. My friends and I are planning a trip out again. The waves have whitecaps still here out in front of our place in guffins bay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Devin, enjoy the lucky country. Its been blowing hard this week. Sunday looks good. Questionable tomorrow, its ripping out there right now. Gonna give it a try in the AM, but ready to turn the wheel back to port if conditions suck

Hopefully things are going to improve. Coming down to Henderson Harbour Wednesday to Sunday with my wife, parents and sis in law and brother-in-law. Hoping things calm down as my wife doesn't like much chop even though we have a 21'CC. Call sign is Dun-Good if you see a blue Mako with red Bimini. Staying at Westview.

Good luck to all for this weekend. Looking forward to next week. Thought I was going to have to cancel next week after finding out we lost a bearing on the trailer either coming home from Florida or heading up to my parents place on the lake. Spent today putting new bearings in left side wheels. Right side grease looked good but will change out cheap offshore bearings for good US or Canadian bearings when I get back.

Went out yesterday(23 July)early morning. Launched out of Henderson and set lines out around 6am.. Got one King, one laker and a baby steelhead.. Nothing to brag about but at least we didn't get skunked.. It was a little rough in morning but continued to calm down until we left.. Talked to the guy at the fish cleaning station at Henchmen Marina- he said most of the Salmon are being caught in 120 FOW. We spent most of our day in 150FOW.. Oh well it will change next week I'm sure.... post-157905-14693668805393_thumb.jpgpost-157905-14693669170644_thumb.jpg

Right on man! Should have went out today but felt like sleeping in! Yesterday we braved the wave and unlike the week before wasn't very productive, one King and one laker, should have turned my sonar on before hitting 150, cause it seemed like 120 was where all the marks were, just noticed it on the way back in

Launched out of Stony Creek and set up at 6:30am between (what my brother and I think are) the mountain and the finger worked with the waves out to deeper water.

Took my first King of the season and the first one landed on my boat (bit of a newbie). It hit our copper rod.

post-155065-14694102335944_thumb.jpg

Had our wire dipsy out 225 start screaming and lost it 80 ft from the boat. Flasher fly. That one went again and got off, again [emoji20].

Next the other dipsy out 250 went and landed an 10 lbs laker.

post-155065-14694104331416_thumb.jpg

Last, a rigger fired and landed another laker, 12 lbs

post-155065-14694105046335_thumb.jpg

Had another miss and dragged a small laker for a while. 4/7 by 9:30am.

All in all a great day out with my brother, which all of them are, this was just the best to date!