Did not expect the conditions to be so nasty out there today... fished for an hour and a half if that and picked up 4 small kings and headed in. Was not worth the trip out IMO. Try again tomorrow.

Edited by FleetTracker

It is getting frustrating for me out there.Tod and son fished with me yesterday. One salmon,one Brown and one mud chicken. Today Shawn and a cadet fished with me and we went one for three on Lakers.Crazy temps. I just don't know .

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

I couldn't fish this weekend but talked with a lot of my friends that made it out.

Northeast winds have brought in really cold temps, and drove most of the kings to more stable temps, and unfortunately the forecast says it will stay that way til Thursday. We will cross our fingers for this coming weekend. Good luck guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was a good Salmon chop out there Friday and Saturday... rolling pretty good from the ENE winds.

We did 4/4 on Kings on Friday and 4/6 on Kings Saturday.  Lost 2 mature Screamers on Saturday with a few newbie's on-board.  They had a great time.

Temps were cooooollllddd not too far down.  had 44deg down 85-95' over 135-145fow.

I only ended up with a skippy on weds and 9 lakers Thursday and Saturday. We were doubled on lakers at one point then had another on right after. Ran out Friday but it sucked. We went in right behind Fleettracker. 9mph till we hit association island then could get on plane. It was rough, one wave right after another. Glad we put the curtains up lol. It got rough heading in Saturday night too not as bad as Friday tho. I'm loving the new to me boat, way better than the last one!

post-155223-14700549655696_thumb.jpgpost-155223-14700548867071_thumb.jpgpost-155223-14700549096166_thumb.jpgpost-155223-14700549250482_thumb.jpg

Devin, were you fishing the lanes, or closer in?  Glad to hear there are some matures around.  I'll prob be out there this weekend, hoping the forecasted winds calm down a little.  Got spoiled in sodus this past weekend with decent conditions and some nice fish, but getting the boat back in the water in Sackets this week.

Good deal Chuck - looked like you had a blast on the South Shore!  We fished the finger both days.  There are Kings around.

I'll be fishing Friday thru Sunday this weekend... agree on the forecast needing to calm down... could be another rough weekend, just from the other direction!

Talk soon.

Been a couple weekends since I have had time to go out try the kings. Have they moved in more to the fingers area or are there still kings out by the wall and shipping lanes? Hoping for a good weekend this coming Saturday and sunday so I can get out try my luck again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished the Lanes yesterday 7-11am. Did a full loop from the wall north towards duck islands then west and south back to wall.

We covered 100-180fow. Finished 4 kings (5lbs was biggest) and 6 lakers, all 10# plus...had to keep the gear off bottom to avoid the lakers.

Most consistent marks/bait were on north side of Lanes near Canadian border in 120-130 fow (all kings caught there)... Down 80-100

Did not mark or tangle with any matures but was good calm day out there.

Good luck.

Steve

The marine forecast on weatherunderground doesn't look that great for Saturday and Sunday on lake ontario! Waves 1-3ft building to 3-5ft. I don't think i want to fish in those conditions! I guess my needy chance will be one evening after work during the week next week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the forecast for saturday and my inability to put a crew together, I'm heading to Erie to fish walleye this weekend.  Hope you guys slam them out there.  This is two weeks in a row now not fishing out of my home port, I'm starting to miss those 18 mile runs from Sackets.

I only ended up with a skippy on weds and 9 lakers Thursday and Saturday. We were doubled on lakers at one point then had another on right after. Ran out Friday but it sucked. We went in right behind Fleettracker. 9mph till we hit association island then could get on plane. It was rough, one wave right after another. Glad we put the curtains up lol. It got rough heading in Saturday night too not as bad as Friday tho. I'm loving the new to me boat, way better than the last one!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1470054964.584923.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1470054885.881840.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1470054908.731083.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1470054924.181126.jpg

Hey Moose, do you need to anker up there, and smaller boat your way through the bay? Or this is all for a nice pic of a your beautiful boat!!

No that photo was from the sandbar off of the bouys in BRB. Water was rough that day so we came back and got drunk at the sandbar all day. I can get the boat to my dock, even with the water being low. it's just tricky and slow going.

Had to post that one photo of the bloodbath. I'm a firm believer in bleeding fish for meat quality. Stupid laker went nuts flopping around when I cut its gills and made a hell of a mess. It's life changing not having carpet in a boat and having a washdown hose. I decided to bleed them in the fish box from now on after that mess lol.

Edited by MooseKnuckle VI

No that photo was from the sandbar off of the bouys in BRB. Water was rough that day so we came back and got drunk at the sandbar all day. I can get the boat to my dock, even with the water being low. it's just tricky and slow going

Well that's great I thought of you when the lake was down so they say?

Has anyone been out this weekend? Is it really as rough as the forecast say? They are usually wrong but could be worse then they say... I am thinking about trying a evening trip to the Trench later today.. I am following the marine forecast but it keeps changing( for the worst)

Fleet tracker I know is out right now, I went out last night and hit brb for some white perch and whatever else would bite and picked up a long nose gar and a channel cat, and a handful of white perch. was pretty cool, but it was knarly out!

Fleet tracker I know is out right now, I went out last night and hit brb for some white perch and whatever else would bite and picked up a long nose gar and a channel cat, and a handful of white perch. was pretty cool, but it was knarly out!

Thanks!

My season started to get really good a few weeks ago then the lake flipped on me.. I got the itch to get out there. I am thinking there has got to be fish in the Trench by now! Hopefully Fleet tracker has good news!

I'm out right now, it was bad this morning but starting to lay down.

Bad day for me, I've been all over, not marking any fish, temp is down about 50', got a few lakers which surprised me as all our lines are high. My buddy got 2 cohos but everyone else I've heard from is targeting lakers. Im gonna troll back into trench and call it a day,

Good luck guys

Temp is a bit messed up its colder further in the trench toward six town than it is at the lighthouse and further off the finger. Gets warmer as you go out in the lake. Lakers the only thing biting today active and suspended up high messing with the King spread. Didn't mark much at all and for the first time in as many trips as I can remember we didn't pick up any skippys. Lost something silver I'm guessing a steely. Took a FF on mag dipsey out 185 on a 2 setting - came to surface lost him about 50' behind boat.

It was pretty narly this morning but got better by the hour. Better days ahead... and hopefully better conditions. Prime time soon gents.

Mooseknuckle - Nice boat. What size and year is your Grady?

It's an 09 Grady adventure. It's 20'-4". Small but feels bigger than it is. I really like it so far. Almost identical layout to a trophy 2002. Very dry ride even in that snot the other week. Whoever had it before me added the hardtop, it's not the original Grady hardtop it's some kinda aftermarket or custom job. Little funky looking but functional that's my only complaint.

It's an 09 Grady adventure. It's 20'-4". Small but feels bigger than it is. I really like it so far. Almost identical layout to a trophy 2002. Very dry ride even in that snot the other week. Whoever had it before me added the hardtop, it's not the original Grady hardtop it's some kinda aftermarket or custom job. Little funky looking but functional that's my only complaint.

I'm just asking because I have a Trophy 1802 which is great for trailering but I do take a beating when its rough.  I have to admit though for an 18' I can go out in some snotty stuff.  I do pick my days though , 2-4s can get a little crazy.  I do love those Grady's.  Its funny though they are not as popular on the great lakes as they are around my area - LIS.  My friend had an older Grady 20' Overnighter but I think the Adventure is a better boat in rough waters.  I am starting to get 2 footidis but for now I'll stay with my 1802.  I really have my eye on the Stieger.