It was a calm lake this morning. Had a big screamer at 8:10 on a dipsy with a white FF combo. The #1 dipsy with the ring on was maybe 50' deep, out 125 on a #2 setting with 30lb mono. Never saw the fish because he broke the fly leader between the single hook and the treble. First time using this fly, just bought it last week. The break is just behind the hook. Real heart breaker for my son. It was the only release we had all morning. Fished from 6:30 to 10:30 south and west of the finger. There was no radio chatter about other boats catching fish, and I didn't see another boat catch a fish. Oh well, we got some lures wet so it was a good day.

post-142578-0-82230500-1470677594_thumb.jpg

My deepest rigger was my Sub Troll probe at 115, tried to avoid the Lakers. Another rigger down 90 and my 2 dipsy rods set at about 60' and 50' deep. Some decent hooks on or near the bottom, and some decent hooks suspended between 50 and 80' down over 130-140 FOW. Temps ranged from 47* to 53* without changing the depth of my probe. And yes, the gnats were ridiculous!

What time did you head north Briarpatch? We headed in at 10:30.

Edited by Todd in NY

I took an adamant stand against the weather this year cause it seems to be off a lot this year and I've been getting way more fish. Might be cause I'm out there more, might be cause I've been fishing the finger like a mad man, but one things for sure... Switching from aluminum to fiberglass has really allowed me to fish solo in some shatty weather