The salmon showdown is going to be a one day event this weekend due to some severe thunderstorm warnings and high wind. The weather channel predicting 29mph winds. 

Weigh-in is at Bedford creek marina Saturday from 5-6pm down by the boat launch. Any questions please PM me or call 315-771-3889.

we'll be on Channel 68! if ya catch any spread the love!

Good Luck out there!

How many entered the local derby today?

How about some reports? I saw down temps yesterday that didn't seem possible. In the trench it was 76 degrees on the surface and 76 degrees about 100ft down over 140 ft if water, and the Fish Hawk wasn't broken!

fished the trench for the first time thursday and friday lots of marks and some bait most marks in 135 suspended up above around 100 fish didn,t wont to play only caught 2 browns and a white  fish was lucky enough to get a6 lb brown was either water temp or moon issue . i will be back! 

Todd I was out in the trench for a little and down temp was 74 down 100 ft I thought the fish hawk wasn't working right.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The fish are really stacked up in the trench but I think they are in shock because of the high temps. We found fish out deeper but they would bite either. We tried spoons, FF, and even J plugs.

I really wanted to enter the derby but wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to make on the water this weekend..

Made it out this morning for a few hours. I stayed in the trench due to limited time.. Got a skippy steelhead and a baby brown.. Probably won't be back out on the lake till Labor Day weekend!!! Hopefully there will be another derby that weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

fished the trench for the first time thursday and friday lots of marks and some bait most marks in 135 suspended up above around 100 fish didn,t wont to play only caught 2 browns and a white  fish was lucky enough to get a6 lb brown was either water temp or moon issue . i will be back!

At least you didn't get skunked. A 6 pound brown is a good fish considering how bizarre the fishing has been lately. I think temp is more to blame than the moon, jmo...

yea i think so as well now that i saw the temp report i kind of figured temp was bad due to storm that cam through just before i got there plus browns do a little better in warmer water then salmon or lakers i didnt see any other boats catching so i was thank full for that nice brown .nice short run from the boat launch to the trench 

Tangled.... thats all I have to say lol. went out on my buddy laker balls boat (lol) today thinking it was gonna be decent out for a 19ft aluminum and I was dead wrong. went back in to get the bigger boat and I missed all the action. Caught myself a ridiculous sunburn. 

Today was ruff this morning and fishing was tough. I threw everything at em... even said screw it, I'm pulling out the cowbells. But fish are certainly in the trench... I'm just not quite convinced there there all day yet. EDIT: just got word one of the guys at camp landed 2x 25lb kings in the trench after weigh-in. lost a third at the boat.

Congrats to Fleet Tracker winning the Salmon division this week with a 20lb. 6.2oz king! Runner up was Go Easy with a 14lb. 10.2oz King. Also wanted to say Congrats to BluTooth winning the Laker division with a 9lb. 4.4oz Laker. 

Big Thanks who all participated, hung out for drinks and pizza! Keep the good times rollin!

Next weekend is the Fundraiser so please try to join or donate if possible. We have some sponsors for next weeks event! haven't yet decided how to lay em out as of yet though. 

Chaumont Bay Marina: $50 gift certificate 

Burt Goodnough Marina:$25 gift certificate

Woody Tackle: youth fishing rod n reel

All Seasons: All seasons sweater, 2x spoons

Sonny's Fishing Center: 2x 25$ ($25 = 1 smoked and packaged fish)

post-148474-0-87743300-1471745665_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-64279900-1471745669_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-64726000-1471745675_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-72085600-1471745691_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-15608800-1471745696_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-62255600-1471745699_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-98878300-1471745708_thumb.jpg

Thanks Organized Chaos and way to go on the Brown!  It was tough fishing in some not so great conditions on Saturday... Kind of regretted taking the little boat but we stuck it out.  Some solid 4+ footers around the lighthouse made it challenging.  We had 5 good releases on top of the 1 King we did land that undoubtedly were Kings slapping at it.  4 of the 6 takes came off a 10" Spin Doctor Mt Dew/Crush Glow with a short lead on a Glow MC Rocket.  They loved the Rocket... would pull it up on the strikes that missed and the Rocket strip would be all mangled and bent.  I need to stick one of my GoPro's down there and get some of this footage.

The fish were pasted on bottom trying to escape the warm temps with no hope.  Bottom 10-15' the Kings were stacked and the screen was lit up for miles.  You could put your balls in the mud over 135 in the Trench and only achieve 55deg.  The good temps were washed out with the big blow we had earlier in the week and although fishing temp goes out the window this time of year, these conditions didn't help promote more active fish.  It's also interesting to note that I started off with longer leads off the Flashers and switched up after 1 pass through the bunch with nodda to show for it.  Went with much shorter leads and being attached to a larger Spinny, I think the more aggressive action triggered the strikes.  The fish were pretty turned off and I believe only the males were biting.  Had to stick it right in their face and even then there was no guarantee.

Things will only get better in the weeks to come and I look forward to working with Lil Crappie (Matt) to host more of these "weekend warrior" tournaments for our area.  Aside from the fishing which I always enjoy, getting to know some of you all at the weigh in is just as fun!  I can't tell you how many ppl are saved in my phone as their LOU handle name and that i've been texting for months or even years and still haven't met f2f... It's fun talking shop and hearing about tactics and thoughts about the fishing from everyone that day.

Here's another "sketch shot" of the winning fish with my Family:

post-151421-0-97382800-1471864529_thumb.jpg

Edited by FleetTracker

Sounds like Saturday was fun, but I'm glad I wasn't able to get out. The 4 ft waves with my little 21ft cuddy cabin would of been a challenge. I'm going to try and shoot for getting out this up coming Sunday. My saturdsy is booked already with eye appointments for the boy and my other half. Maybe a late afternoon trip could be possible. Otherwise my labor day weekend is my only shot at this fun event and meeting some of you guys on here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Naww you would have been fine out there, bobby.  Lots of small 17-18' aluminum boats fished all morning and into the afternoon.

This weekend's event is ready for sign-up and we already have 3 boats on the list!  Although it's a 2-day tournament, you don't have to fish both days.  Some folks may only fish 1 of the 2 days - we just thought it would give more flexibility to those in your exact situation.

Sign-up for this weekend's Fundraiser event for the Jefferson County 4H Club (50%).  Payout and Prizes are detailed on the Results section on the website

LCSALMONSHOWDOWN.COM

Team BluTooth is in again.  Looking forward to another weekend out there.  Hopefully we get two days of fishing in this time around.

Matt, let me know if my payment didnt go through.  See you boys at BC.

went out earlier today and it sucked completely. I was actually rather amazed how many boats were out there in the trench. I went all the way to the lighthouse and decided to troll with the wind and half way through got green real quick. towards the wall I picked up a monster whitefish lol and called it quits. I should have popped the dramamine but left it at home fml. 

was 49 degrees at 105ft