Don't forget to register your boat for this weekend's 2-day Charity Event for the Jefferson County 4H Club!

$30 per boat to enter both the Salmon and Lake Trout Division!

Register at: LCSALMONSHOWDOWN.COM

We have 6 boats registered so far, and have Cash and Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in both the Salmon and Lake Trout Divisions!

Weigh in is from 5-6PM on Saturday and from 2-3PM on Sunday at Bedford Creek Marina.

Any questions, please PM Little Crappie or myself. Hope to see you out there!

Edited by FleetTracker

Anyone still catching salmon out by the fingers yet or just mainly the trench now? The last time I had a chance to get out the fish were out in the shipping channel so big change for me. Much closet haul with the boat will be nice. Also any special colors of FF combos or spoons that are hitting best now? We are planning on launching from Henderson around 6am tomorrow morning. Maybe we will see some of you guys out there too hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Little Crappie,

I am thinking we are going to be out most of the day. Unless we get our limit early enough in the day. There will be myself, the 17yr old boy, my friend Joe and his friend that most likely won't be fishing much. She is planning on sunning herself on the front of the boat so I am told.  Is there a way to get in touch if you make it out and want to exchange  tactics? 

Edited by bobby416n

hey guys. not a report but seemed like the best place to put this. long story short used to fish out of the genny in rochewter quite a bit but moved away from the big lake and am now in the Adirondacks. I'm looking at coming out there next Tuesday or Wednesday depending on which one has the better forecast And since it is my closest launch this is where I will be fishing not driving all the way to Rochester. with that said if there's anybody looking to fish one of those days on my boat which is only a 19 foot aluminum but it's brand new and I have all the toys.just looking to cut my learning curvewhere to fish out there and what structure I got to look out for with the downriggers. I have the GPS but they're not always the most accurate in the areas with a lot of structure. if anybody's interested shoot me a p.m. also wouldn't be opposed to fishing on someone else's boat my first time out there if anybody has an open seat

Edited by MadFisher

Well,

I don't know what to say, today was a rough day, not just the waves. Past the lighthouse was really rough today.

The fish are there, there is no pattern or depth, scattered all over, most kings seemed to be in 85' to 105 FOW. There were lots of suspended lakers down 45'.

Started at pill boxes, worked out past mountain. Finally fired a screamer on rigger, flasher fly, that caught my winger rigger line, lost fish trying to bring both lines in. Turned and headed back.....long time then Fired a dipsy diver, came off, another dipsy screamer, landed it, 34", not sure of weight. While clearing a rigger rod a King hit so hard it almost took rod out of my hands, immediately broke line.

Then no king hits for hours, caught some more lakers. Ended the day 1-4 Kings, a few knockoffs, and 5 lakers. All we need is a few days of quiet time on the lake, and temps will stabilize and look out, it's gonna be hot.f91ed0e2d6afa81fe1f21cb4eb183d6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We were out set up by 6:30, it was flurries of hits then quiet for hours, them repeat with flurry....I'm happy with it, dock guy at Henchens said 10 Kings came in today, and there was a ton of boats out, so I'm happy to get some action, I'm more upset we lost 3, especially when the bites are so far apart.

Forgot to add this.. I made a huge mistake today.

I thought I knew exactly where I was, told the guy driving boat...."don't worry, just the tip of a hump, keep going, we are fine, it will get deeper", and then came 68fow, I even locked up my dipsy rods, lost another winger and cannon ball, 2 flasher fly setups. I was already past the hump, ran up on the mountain. I know in an earlier post I gave recommendations on how to fish the mountain, well I sure didn't follow my own protocol, and it cost me, an expensive day.

Well,

I don't know what to say, today was a rough day, not just the waves. Past the lighthouse was really rough today.

The fish are there, there is no pattern or depth, scattered all over, most kings seemed to be in 85' to 105 FOW. There were lots of suspended lakers down 45'.

Started at pill boxes, worked out past mountain. Finally fired a screamer on rigger, flasher fly, that caught my winger rigger line, lost fish trying to bring both lines in. Turned and headed back.....long time then Fired a dipsy diver, came off, another dipsy screamer, landed it, 34", not sure of weight. While clearing a rigger rod a King hit so hard it almost took rod out of my hands, immediately broke line.

Then no king hits for hours, caught some more lakers. Ended the day 1-4 Kings, a few knockoffs, and 5 lakers. All we need is a few days of quiet time on the lake, and temps will stabilize and look out, it's gonna be hot.f91ed0e2d6afa81fe1f21cb4eb183d6b.jpg

That's a nice King you got there. It looks like they didn't start changing colors yet. I hope that the conditions are going to stabilize so I can get there for a few days.

That's a nice King you got there. It looks like they didn't start changing colors yet. I hope that the conditions are going to stabilize so I can get there for a few days.

Thanks, I'm guessing 20lbs, I didn't take pictures as it was rough. Some kings are changing some are Freash, but with the warm temps I think the ones already staging are going to turn dark fast.