What a weekend the Salmon Showdown was! We had a great time, met some awesome people, and ate some pizza. Thank you for everyone that entered and those who came to the weigh-in to show their support. There was some confusion at the weigh-in how the scale read, but we sorted it out. Apparently there is only 16 ounces in a lb..... and I learned how to read a scale. lesson learned lol! Thank you for everyone who joined this weekend, as it means a lot for the Jefferson County 4H club and now my wife will let me fish more :)

Fishing was pretty much on fire on Saturday. We had 8 mature salmon come to the weigh station and I know there were a few caught in the evening after the weigh-in. Fish seem to be taken around 100-115ft down in the trench and outside the lighthouse. There were only two lakers that made it to the weigh station! There were reports of Kings being caught today by participants but the leaderboard was hard to beat from Saturday. 

1st place King: Go Easy 28 lbs. 14 oz.

2nd place King: Daniel Fishing Team 28 lbs. 2 oz. 

3rd place king: Little Crappie 27 lbs. 11 oz. 

1st place Laker: The Rod Father 12 lbs. 13 oz.

2nd place Laker: King Kat 6lb 13 oz. 

post-148474-0-33319700-1472426690_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-20220100-1472426830_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-83248100-1472426830_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-51960800-1472426831_thumb.jpg

post-148474-0-17466800-1472426832_thumb.jpg

The LC Salmon Showdown's weigh-in on Saturday is changing from 5-6pm to 3-4pm. If anyone has any issue with this please PM or post a comment. I thought this would allow some guys to chase the evening bite. It's been pretty hot lately. 

This weeks tournament is a SALMON ONLY event. Biggest 2 fish, Total combined weight per team. Entry fee is $30 and the whole pot goes to the winning team. 

Figured we'd change it up a bit and have some fun over the holiday weekend and make a bigger pot! The lakers are lacking and the Salmon fishing is on FIRE!

Edited by Little Crappie

I agree nice turn out guys on fish! Really good size fish coming in now finally. I have a long weekend off work on Drum this next weekend so im hoping to get out this weekend at least one of the days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had a long weekend too until the Duty roster came out yesterday and I have Staff Duty on the 2nd of September... WTF.. I still plan on entering the tournament!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Staff duty is like annoying cousin that came around at the worst time! If there's one thing I'll never miss about the Army, its Staff Duty. Just the thought of it makes me shutter! Thank you for your service and keeping us safe!

Haha.. Exactly right!! Thanks for your service too brother!

I am not defeated yet.. I still got a few days to wheel and deal and try to convince some to help me out...

It just was not our day today.

Took out the GO EASY and set up as it was getting light. Took a nasty rip on port mag dipsey 1.5 setting out 205 with 8" Protroll "Meat Market" paddle and Pro-Am Fly... screaming and then a few minute fight and gone. Dahhhh!!! Hook pulled.

10min later, the starboard mag dipsey 1.5 setting out 175 with 8" UV Gator Spinny and Hammer Live Fly... screamed a few hundred feet and never stopped and then just as fast as it all happened it stopped. Hook pulled again. Come on!!!

An hour later the same port dipsey with same settings as above ripped for 15-20 sec and gone.

0 for 3 on dipseys. And they didn't move the rest of the day.

Next the port rigger fired, 11" Mt Dew crush paddle with Glow Mag MC Rocket. Came tight and then started spooling line and gone about 5 sec in. Gotta be kidding me.

Trolled 2 more hours and had 2 more rigger releases with no one home.

0 for 3 on riggers.

0 for 6 on the day.

Back in by noon. Gotta regroup after a day like that... unreal.

Don't feel bad Devin, talked to some of my buddy's today, one was 2 for 12 the other 1 for 7. Another only had 3 rips, ended up landing a 10lb Coho, lost both big kings....The mouths are Harding up....I'm going out Sunday with maximum tensions on the releases, lol

Unlike Tuesday's disappointing trip Lake O was was kind today. Gave up some nice Kings to the GO EASY throughout the AM. Dipseys and Riggers were all good. Had some misses and some that got off but was able to land a number good matures.

Ended 4 for 11 on the morning. Saw quite a few fish caught. Prime time.

post-151421-14727509046082_thumb.jpg

post-151421-1472750916788_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14727509284131_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14727509398141_thumb.jpg