I still can't believe I had to lose that fish, it was seriously heavy.  Running a 4 oz. snap weight just barely behind the kayak about 60' down with the lure 20' behind it and the fish hadn't stripped much line yet and did a nose dive straight under the kayak and they still got me with what I am guessing must have been a dipsey 'cuz they were close enough that we were talking back and forth while my rod was doubled over clicking out drag. I didn't want to be a d@#k and tell them to back off but at the time I was just psyched to have a fish on with such a simple rig.

Ditto on thecopper. In the trench running copper on Labor Day weekend and screaming at everybody because he's running copper. Last year I had a guy drop off my to Dixie's after he turned behind me about 40 feet behind my boat. I pulled up my other lines and went over to his boat and politely let him know he was replacing everything that he just chopped off. I also told him if he didn't I had his both numbers and I would report him to the officials. His wallet came out really quick. As far as this morning's catch 04 zero again today. Tons of fish on the graph none on my poles. Somebody tell me it's just not me

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Fishing was ridiculous out there. Underthefloat brought his A game today cause everyone seemed to be losing fish or coming up empty handed. Good job!

The Rod father took this weeks derby with a combined weight 31lbs 14oz. He was the only boat that had two fish to weigh! I landed a 20lbr yesterday and fleettracker got a nice 24lbr today. Only four fish total for Saturday and today. Kinda crazy seeing all the fish caught during the week days. I honestly can't believe how quick the temps changed from 52 degrees 100ft down to 49 degrees at 50ft. Today seemed a little warmer but man temp switched fast from the weekday to the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Never have had such poor King catch percentages with respect to hookups. This whole week has been a gut wrencher... so frustrating.

Congrats to Rodfather taking home the $ during event #3. Great job guys!

Here was our 24lber from today. 450 copper off the lighthouse, meat market paddle with hammer live fly.

post-151421-14730386832468_thumb.jpg

Well those complaining should have thought twice about a "Salmon Derby" people didn't even know where Henderson harbor was before, now you got a basically a complete thread going on Henderson. This sight is great. But the demise of any fishing hole is right in your hands as your reading this post.

Pap,

Rest assured everyone knew where the Trench was way before these tournaments started, kudos to Fleettracker and Little Crappie on organizing them. Just Goggle the Trench the Saiff fleet mentions the "Tranch" 200 times. And these guys make their living out there. Next big secret lies just a few miles South it's called the SALMON RIVER, just don't tell anyone. Again Great Job Guys!!!!

this isn't some walleye thread with a bunch of secret squirrels. If this thread helped just one guy catch fish, I'd be a happy man. People drive from all over creation just to try their luck. I've been fishing henderson for years and every trench season.... it's combat trolling... you don't have to be a genius to know they're in the trench. You know it's trench season when pleasure boats have gunnel mounts lol, or boats looks soo dusty, you say... yep two weeks a year and thats all the water she sees.....

Pap, so far your snarky remarks are for the birds. Nobody asked your unwanted opinion. 

This thread has helped me tremendously!!! I was looking for in formation like what is in this thread last year and couldn't find it... Thanks for everyone who participated!! I meet some really good people on this thread and they had an open seat so I went fishing with them on their boat and learned even more... I am thankful for LOU and this thread!!!

I guess your right guys, I keep forgetting this is the generation of social media. There's always next year! This time of the year always gets heated up and tempers fly, as some of us old school guys just can't seem to grasp onto the tell the world theory. I could give shyt less if I ever catch another King myself but I'm all for the younger generation this is not a hurray for me and screw you. If we keep this in mind it will all work out, as long as they keep the stocking program status quo.

Was the first to the trench on Mon. Should have stayed home! Not sure exactly what happened, starboard rigger lines tangled up first thing, great. Marked some fish and bait, no takers. Gotta invest in a Fish Hawk, will get over winter, already went WAY over budget on setting up the boat as everyone does! Boat launch antics as usual, no one can seem to figure out how to load a boat or back a trailer, what I get for going out on a holiday! But what else am I going to do, mow the lawn?! NOT!

This thread has helped me tremendously!!! I was looking for in formation like what is in this thread last year and couldn't find it... Thanks for everyone who participated!! I meet some really good people on this thread and they had an open seat so I went fishing with them on their boat and learned even more... I am thankful for LOU and this thread!!!

I agree with Shawn! This forum and thread has helped me learn some new things also this year. Matt has been great and informative whenever I asked questions. I did manage to get out with my boat yesterday but had no luck landing any kings. I had 3 releases but nothing on them. I marked lots of fish and tried putting my riggers down where I was marking bait fish but not wanted my spoons or FF. It was a challenge for me since I only had my fiance's teen boy that is new to salmon fishing as well and not that experienced at keeping the boat straight for me when I'm sending lures down. He tries real hard but he is a teen with a cell phone that gets distracted quickly! LOL 

I just made sure he was away from other boats as much as possible when I'm having him drive until I get the riggers set up. Maybe not catching anything was a combination of my lure presentation or speed?? When I go out with my Joe we always catch fish but I am usually the one driving the boat most of the time. So watching how he sets up the lines is not as easy as being there in front of someone to see how it gets done right. Maybe someday I can get on a charter and get some more pointers from them also.

This forum is great for everyone and the guys on here are very helpful although I have not met any of you guys in person yet I think there are a great bunch of guys with lots of experience!

Fished the trench Saturday from 4am-2pm. Marked a pile of fish early before sunrise then had a hellacious tangle. Lost about 100' off a 300 copper right as the boat traffic was picking up. Probably a combination of the current and the pile of weeds I had in the tangle. Sunday launched out of Stoney and set up in 80'. Marked a few here and there but not much. My buddies kid got a king to the boat and I knocked it off with a poor net job. That's all we had all day Sunday from 630-2 ish. Traffic wasn't too bad in front of the dunes, nice day too just no fish. I was on channel 06 and only heard a few guys saying they caught anything. One neighbor got 2 kings, another neighbor had one King and a coho. This seasons shaping out to be another total failure for me just like last year.