Ok so first of all, Big shoutout to MadFisher for lighting the fire under me to get out there! Also I think today goes to show how important a speed and temp unit on the boat is. A couple days ago we were fishing 80ft of water halfway to black river bay and catching fish. Today the temp was 74 degrees down to about 110ft. I thought to myself... well temp doesn't matter this time of year... but 74 degrees is boiling?!? Lets go deeper....hit 135 and temp broke... probably within 15ft from 120ft down to 135ft. So we hit 53 degrees at 135ft over 140. 5-8ft higher and temp was 66 degrees. within ten minutes of fishing 140ft down by the lighthouse... I thought i should probably turn around... getting kinda deep and heading towards the finger. Blam.... fish-on. So we stayed and 10 minutes later another one. maybe 10 minutes after that we have a double. 2.5 hours and 6 fish. We literally drove in a circle around 140ft of water because the wind was blowing us around netting fish, setting rods, changing speeds... that's another one... currents were crazy out there.... something like cross currents out there 2. We'd go from 2.2 then 2.8 then 1.9.... all on the same setting on my troll master. Always something to learn on the water for sure! without my fishhawk tho... I don't think I could have put 2 and 2 together... who knows maybe we just got lucky!

Nice, wish I did t have to waste so much time at work!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I second that MooseKnuckle! Im on a rotating schedule of 2 weeks early shift 6am-2:30pm then 2 weeks 8-4:30pm. This is my last week of the early shift. By the time i get back to the early shift again the salmon will most likely will be gone out of the trench area. Seems like my weekends lately have bad weather so i dont venture out then either except for last Sunday i did get out. Hoping this Sunday will be nice also.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

glad I could be such a good influence. I guess that answered my question ...around noon the fish vacated the bathwater and actually started behaving like salmon again.I contemplated going deeper but I was fishing solo in my 19' aluminum and it looked pretty choppy out there so I stayed inside and tried to grind it out.

Curious if anyone has tried any j-plugs yet and had any luck or are they mainly for later in the season when they venture up into the lanes black River bay area?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Been doing pretty good with j plugs the last cpl weeks. 50 behind the ball, even in the deeper water.

I'm planning to be up late Friday night. I'll be fishing Saturday for a while and maybe again early Sunday morning. I outta have room for 2 guys if anyone wants to hop on with me. Probably will launch out of Henderson. Text my cell if you wanna come 484-332-1124. I won't go solo so I need some people!!