We were out from 9-12... Screen look the same as the ones posted from Friday. Nothing wanted to play. Trolled with the waves from the lighthouse (135 fow) into 110, screen was hot almost the entire time. Did that twice before we called it.

Now in Pulaski throwing some flys. More people than we expected, just saw one guy set a hook, but it came off. All the action in the hour we've been here.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went to Pulaski around 10 hooked 2 saw a few other hookups

Sent from my LGL33L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My son and I went to Cranberry Lake (launched in Wanakena by the Ranger School) in our little boat today and caught a half dozen perch, but only 1 was eating size. The wind was crazy there too. The fishing was good from 6:30-9:30 this morning, then it turned off fast when the wind cranked up.

It's good to see some salmon caught out of Henderson yesterday.

Well, I'm not sure what to give for a report to help, I think after a big SW blow fish get lockjaw and luck plays a big part of getting bites. We need easterly wind or the lake to lay down a day or so it should be a slam fest. Anyway fish are in front of waleys and also in deeper water farther out near lighthouse where today there was good temp, (thanks Sean for the temp information)...I desperately need a Fishhawk on my Baha as I believe speed is the biggest factor.

Anyway we fired a size 1 dipsy #2 setting down 355...I was moving them up and down between 325 to 375 depending on current direction, guessing I was down 105 to 115'. What I can say is ATOMIK purple flys have been good lately. We hit another on same dipsy 375 out in 140fow but this one came unglued.

My deep inside rigger was running a 11" frog with a ATOMIK glow hammer. I was running it basically 15' deeper than bottom reading. I was down 141' in 127fow on the one we landed.

Outside winger rigger got hit 118 feet down also.

At the end of day when I cleared that same rod all I had was a flasher and 20" of line missing my favorite purple fly, not sure what happened, I never had it near bottom, if anyone else has had that happen give please give your thoughts.

I fished Friday from 7-1. Had 1 break off for my nephew who came to catch his first king. I was heartbroken for him and I failed him with the equipment - somewhere I must have had a nick in the line which cost him a fish I had buttoned on real good. Only 2 other releases in 5 hours of fishing. Worked all different colors and depths trying to make something happen. Weather was incredible and the boat traffic was light. Saw 2 other nets move and that was it. Real slow. Saw pockets of fish in certain spots but never really found the mother load. Ran flashers and fly most with some sort of green combo. Hits came with riggers down 120 and 105. Good luck guys!!! 

Fished tonight from 4-6:30. Less marks than I saw Friday but still more than enough to keep my spirits high. Did not have any hits however.

Beat in a little early when I saw the rain coming in. Henderson Harbor looked so nice I could not resist setting up and trolling for walleyes down the slot to the boat launch. Big mistake. Got my butt soaked. No takers in Henderson either. Still and all it was a great night.

We fished the river this morning. Three of us had 7 hookups. None landed. Decent pod of fish moved through early then it died around 9:00 AM.

Trench is still loaded! Got out late and fished from 10 am to 2:30. Went 6 for 6 and that was a limit. Speed and temp in key, current in the trench is all over. Sometimes 3.3 on top was 1.5 down and vise versa. Down speed of 2.5 was best. If your not within 5 to 8 feet off bottom your not getting bites! All F/F, long leads off the ball, 3 rigger set, rods wouldn't go with 4 cables down. Pulled one rig, two wingers and one down the middle was all it took to get em going. No dipsies.

That's awesome guys! Hopefully the trench will still be loaded by this weekend. My big brother wants to come out with me to give the kings a try. I would think they will be making their venture up to the black River here soon

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It also sounds like its a guessing game for those of us that can't afford the fish hawk X4 system to tell us the speed and temp at the ball when in currents like in the trench area. Funny how I never had a problem catching kings out in the shipping lane without a probe! Anyone enlighten me on what I can do to better my odds without getting the fish hawk???

• Like 1

Fish the marks and stick a dodger and fly out on a dypsy. Note the action telegraphed through the rod tip and when you get bit, try and duplicate that action.

Downrigger cable angle will also work.

Unfortunately I don't have any dipsy rods yet fir my boat either. The other half still has me on a budget for fishing accessories. She grumbled a little when I had to buy parts to fix the engine this year so I could get it back in the water. I have one working electric cannon and 3 manual downriggers mounted on my boat and 6 down riggger rods but none are dipsy rods. Slowly little by little I'm able to get setup for proper salmon fishing.