Unfortunately I don't have any dipsy rods yet fir my boat either. The other half still has me on a budget for fishing accessories. She grumbled a little when I had to buy parts to fix the engine this year so I could get it back in the water. I have one working electric cannon and 3 manual downriggers mounted on my boat and 6 down riggger rods but none are dipsy rods. Slowly little by little I'm able to get setup for proper salmon fishing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Take the stiffest 2 rigger rods you have, now turn them into dipsy rods, find were the marks are that you want to fish, just say 80 ft. Troll at 2.3,in your 80ft depth with just your ball keep letting cable out till you bump up pick 5 foot of cable up and move your speed to 2.5 watch your cable angle and the humming sound, mostly cable angle. Now bring your cable up hang all your stuff out and duplicate the same thing 2.5mph/70-75ft of cable out, get 2 mag dipsys they have a dive chart right on the back. Comming the opposite direction keep a close eye on the cable if it's angled harder, slow up, if less speed up if no action drop your ball depth at 2-3ftintervals if angled hard, you might only gain a foot or two with the blowback, keep doing that till you get a strike, in the same sence keep in mind you don't want to get your gear snagged on the bottom. Use your cable as a guide!! a good eye and trained ears don't need a probe. But they are nice!!! More precise!! But you'll be in the ballpark Good luck!!!

Your welcome guys it's my pleasure, I've been fishing LakeO Henderson area for 30 years, I can't get up there as much even though we have a camper in the Black River Camp Grounds. I fell three years ago off the ladder while power washing the siding and fell flat on my back on the air conditioning unit on the ground and busted my spine off in the opposite direction you normally bend, I now have 4 artificial vertebrae and they took my guts out to put a plate inside my spine as well as the backside of my spine along with 8 screws and 2 pins. Had to learn to walk again. It's a tough road. I'm physically disabled it just don't go so easy for me. I find this site the best therapy for me if I can help one person, that's having a tough go of it, and I can help, that makes me feel good, like I have a part of fishing yet, which is my passion. I have a 22ft Sea Ray I didn't make it up this year due to complications but next year we'll give em hell, this year you guys rocked!! Good luck with the rest of the season!! Oh I don't have a probe either, but I will some day. LOL your friend PAP!!!

Dang! Your a pretty tough bird Pap. That was a lot to go through for any person, but Im glad you made it through whole ordeal. You have helped me in other situations on here in the past and luke always very good information! Your a good man Pap and I hope you do make it up here next year to your vamp ground in black River bay. It would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday. Keep up the good spirits and keep on enjoying this site!

Dang! Your a pretty tough bird Pap. That was a lot to go through for any person, but Im glad you made it through whole ordeal. You have helped me in other situations on here in the past and luke always very good information! Your a good man Pap and I hope you do make it up here next year to your vamp ground in black River bay. It would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday. Keep up the good spirits and keep on enjoying this site!

Thanks bob, it's things like you describe that bring joy to me. I will get up next year as my daughters are chomping at the bit to come up fishing. Their first outing was eyes and smallies, they were in heaven!!

Your welcome Pap! Black River bay is one of the great spots for both walleye and smouth bass. I caught one of the biggest smallies ever for myself in black river bay. It was a 22" small mouth which is huge for any smathmouth that I had ever caught. One night me and one of my buddies landed 17 walleye in the boat in a 2 hour period just jigging and trolling in the black river bay. They were not all keepers and we threw most all of them back, but it was a blast!

Take the stiffest 2 rigger rods you have, now turn them into dipsy rods, find were the marks are that you want to fish, just say 80 ft. Troll at 2.3,in your 80ft depth with just your ball keep letting cable out till you bump up pick 5 foot of cable up and move your speed to 2.5 watch your cable angle and the humming sound, mostly cable angle. Now bring your cable up hang all your stuff out and duplicate the same thing 2.5mph/70-75ft of cable out, get 2 mag dipsys they have a dive chart right on the back. Comming the opposite direction keep a close eye on the cable if it's angled harder, slow up, if less speed up if no action drop your ball depth at 2-3ftintervals if angled hard, you might only gain a foot or two with the blowback, keep doing that till you get a strike, in the same sence keep in mind you don't want to get your gear snagged on the bottom. Use your cable as a guide!! a good eye and trained ears don't need a probe. But they are nice!!! More precise!! But you'll be in the ballpark Good luck!!!

When the bait was thick.the thumping and the humming was all you needed. Along with a silver bullet.lol

Yes sir!! If your lucky enough to have a bloody nose silver bullet, you were shyting in tall cotton!!!post-150331-0-02503400-1474475338_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had any luck in the trench this week or is it time to hit the streams?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We fished the trench Friday and Sunday night. We caught one Friday. Tons of marks on both trips. Lots of lookers but not many takers.

We fished the ballpark hole on the Salmon River Sunday morning. We had a lot of hookups early but none landed. In general there were a reasonable amount of hookups. The action totally died around 9:30ish.

We went back Monday morning. It was relatively dead, several hookups. We went to the town hole. There were some fish there, but did not see a hookup. Before lunch we decided to try the staircase for an hour. We were there until 7 PM. Loads of hookups and four fish landed. Action there was below average but steady all day with an uptick after 5. 3 of us landed 4. We took no lunch or drinks, but not even think about it once we got into the fish.

During the night we had seven "wake ups" due to cramps thanks to dehydration. :)  We left for PA Tuesday morning.