The trench continues to impress!!!! First day of kindergarten for my daughter today so headed out with a buddy at 930 fished til 230 all out **** show went 10 for 16 all flies. Bites on every rod. 175 diver dragging a slushie with a mirage fly was the stud again going 5 times same rig on a 65 rigger back 30 went 3 times.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-146435-14731971432315_thumb.jpg

Edited by underthefloat

I will say 95 percent of the boats on friday and again today were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far out towards the light

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What was the down temp at 65ft down? The temps out if Henderson have been all over the place.

Beautiful out there today... Little Crappie and I set up at first light on his boat and could barely keep rods in the water from 630-7. All FF today. If only we could have capitalized on all of our takes. We started off doubling up on riggers, the first one that fired got off while the second one chewed thru the 50lb leader. Fly gone.

With both rigger rods still not put back down, a dipsey starts ripping and gets off after a short lived battle. 0 for 3. Not a good start, but lots of early action.

A little while later the same dipsey starts screaming and we finally land one. 1 for 4. We went on to miss 3 more hits this morning going 1 for 7 including the hardest smash to a dipsey I have ever witnessed. I thought the rod snapped. This fish was so pissed off it hit and screamed so fast and hard after just 15 seconds it came unglued. Felt like a break off. Sure enough, reeled up to see the trebel on a brand new Atomik Fly completely break off. I have never had this happen before. Can't believe it... what a fish that must have been.

All fish in 80-90'.

post-151421-14734442840571_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14734442950086_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14734443057385_thumb.jpg

I think A-TOM-MIK uses ST41 Owner trebels. I use the same trebels for the rigs I tie and have never had a problem. They're quality hooks.

This particular fly was brand new just removed from the packaging last night and tied on. I'd blame the hook typically but since this was the nastiest explosion of a hit I've ever seen, I think the fish had a lot to do with it.

Things like this keep you up at night... man I wish I coulda seen that fish.

Edited by FleetTracker

Throwing this out there for anyone solo that wants to fish with us tomorrow. Little Crappie and I are going back out early in the AM to pull up some Kings on my Tracker. Have room for and willing to take 1 person out. Leaving the dock from Bedford at 545 AM.

PM me if interested.