big gull lake 2016

johnnywalleye

1 hr north of kingston ontario..5 days 4 men 2 boats.20+ eyes 4 over 6lbs,dozens of smb and rockies..sunnies 8in across..knot my best year there butt a good time was had.ate like a king and drank like a pirate..stayed at Kirk Cove for my 12th year..good people there..and so long 4 now;john

post-139665-0-77013900-1465170353_thumb.jpg

Johnny when I was last up there the smb fishing wasn't there but that lake would be an awesome smb lake due to the shoals and drop offs. What are they getting to rent a cottage up there now. Woody

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Johny,

My buddies and I have been going to Big Gull for 15 years now, but usually go in August. We average 6 guys with 2 to 3 boats. We used to stay at Kirks Kove (great place) but now rent a private cottage. We have done pretty well in the last few years getting anywhere from 60 to 100 walleye in 6 days, but nothing in the 6 pound range. If you care to share where did you catch these, what was your bait and water depth. 

Thanks,

Walleyehunter

Hi Johny,

My buddies and I have been going to Big Gull for 15 years now, but usually go in August. We average 6 guys with 2 to 3 boats. We used to stay at Kirks Kove (great place) but now rent a private cottage. We have done pretty well in the last few years getting anywhere from 60 to 100 walleye in 6 days, but nothing in the 6 pound range. If you care to share where did you catch these, what was your bait and water depth. 

Thanks,

Walleyehunter

Been going to Big Gull for 15 years now and grown to love it. We used to stay at Kirk Kove (great place) but now rent a private cottage. There is usually 6 of us with 2 to 3 boats for a week in August. As of late we have been blessed to catch 60 to 100 walleye, but nothing near 6 pounds. If you care to share, where did you find these fish, and what bait were you using. 

Thanks,

Walleyehunter