DEC Prelim Alewife Assessment

Over here on lake Michigan we get stuffed with over 3 million worthless Lake Trout every year. It is absolutely deplorable what the Feds are doing to our silver fish fishery. I have been to many meetings and nobody listens to what the real fishermen actually want. As a matter of fact I now club every laker and leave them for the gulls. That is how tired of the situation I am. My main biologist for lake Michigan owns a cartop boat with an 8 horse kicker. This is what I deal with.

Kisutch

Hey Trump build that wall

Lake Michigan Lake Trout Gillnetters Association join now

God bless Dr Howard Tanner

Over here on lake Michigan we get stuffed with over 3 million worthless Lake Trout every year. It is absolutely deplorable what the Feds are doing to our silver fish fishery. I have been to many meetings and nobody listens to what the real fishermen actually want. As a matter of fact I now club every laker and leave them for the gulls. That is how tired of the situation I am. My main biologist for lake Michigan owns a cartop boat with an 8 horse kicker. This is what I deal with.

Kisutch

I 2nd God blessing Howard Tanner. I'm hoping this situation will change when the current admin changes. NY was going to address the cormorant epidemic--finally using lethal measures. That ended before it started when the Feds said they would sue if that happened. Yes, use OUR money to sue NY for wanting to control an epidemic. WE THE PEOPLE. Edited by Capt Vince Pierleoni

I see the feds are giving you guys an additional 300,000 Lakers this year and the next, and the next.... We are hammered with 2000 consent decree which is up for a redo in 2020. I can't wait to see how we get slammed with this one.

After BKD struck our fishery I started fishing the north shore out of Bluffers in the mid 80's. What a fishery at the time. The Canadians didn't fish the evening's and to have that structure all to yourself was just awesome. 100 foot schools of alewife and absolutely no visibility in the water column. Truly special.

Kisutch