Slide divers how to?

I was wondering if the guys that run these things could help me understand them a little more. First how do you determine the amount of line out before you engage the diver? Say you want to be 150 behind the boat do you let out 75 and say it take 75ft to achieve the depth, if this is the case what's the benefit of a slide diver? I have 2 of these divers, I assume you put these on a pole to stay as there kind of a pita to install and then remove them, it's not the end of the world but I wouldn't think these are to remove and put on like a regular dipsy, again I'm not familiar with them yet. Thanks for any help!!! PAP.

I was going to try 50# braid, but it goes like I said line out to the desired setback - the amount of line it take to achieve the depth, basically the same as a regular dipsy?

Braid will slip in the release you will need to turn the rubber tubing 45* before you set the release..... or have braid then mono with the slide diver.....seafleas will also stick to braid......how deep do you plan on getting ? 

amount of line it take to achieve the depth, basically the same as a regular dipsy?   you read it some different do you have a regular dipsy ?  If so hold them to each other to check the setting for the same # for each would be equal..... hope that's clear 

So I guess you let out just say 150ft then the amount of line to achieve the desired depth, when fish hits you can reel fish to the net instead of dealing with the fluro leader still 10ft away? Is this the benefit of the slide diver?

pap google  u charter slide diver youtube watch the basic and there is one how to use with    wire that's how I run them . I have 4 diver rods so I just keep the slide diver rig and ready to go .  

pap google  u charter slide diver youtube watch the basic and there is one how to use with    wire that's how I run them . I have 4 diver rods so I just keep the slide diver rig and ready to go .

Thanks, I kinda thought this is to much rigging to taking these on & off. I'll look at that vid. Thanks again for the vid. Pap.

Pap they work great, the other point to the slider is a stealthier presentation keeping dipsey further from lure. I know you like walleye fishing , try the lite bite version for eyes, helps keep from dragging fish around that dont trip the release.

After a strike or if you pop it , sometimes the slider doesnt slide all the way down to swivel , i never had it be a problem when that happens and you reel up to the dipseyand when it hits your rod tip it will slide down as you reel if that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you want to have a 150 ft. lead set your line counter to zero and let out your 150 ft of line. Than set the Siide Diver arm and reset your line counter to zero and let out your line to let say 50ft or 75 ft  what ever length yo want. Use them and like them.  Sold all my dipseys

Hey thanks for the info guys, I was just going to bring this topic up again, but you guys beat me to it. You must have been reading my mind. The more I look into these divers the more I like them. I have two I bought last year at Fat Nancy's rigged them up but have yet to use them, that's going to change very shortly!!

Edited by pap