1969 StarCraft I/o 120- Trim

Trying the get this StarCraft in the water. Everything runs good for execpt it won't trim up or down. I can get it to go down by unhooking the chain but up is impossible without a jack. When I push up it clicks, down Nada. From what I read its pretty easy fix. I found two corroded wires that go from the pump to the Gimbal housing? Not sure what its actually called... I'd like to replace the entire wire.. And way of doing it with out digging into there [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FishingTheFL

All your up and down power comes from the pump. The other wires are probably for a tilt indicator and have nothing to do with the operation of the pump. You can put 12 volts directly to the pump to make sure that's not the issue. Sounds to me like your solenoid is shot,you can bypass that by putting 12 volts to the other side of where the hot wire connects to verify if it is the solenoid. Basically taking the solenoid out of the loop.

The two big post opposite each other are your hot wires that you want to jump. I would just go to NAPA / Auto Zone etc with the old solenoid after marking the wires or just looking at the picture you posted and buy a new one for 15-20.00 and be done with it. Its not a special solenoid just a regular one they used in older cars all the time. Take your hot lead off first,the red cable from the battery and put that on last after wiring up the new solenoid.  I am 99% sure that is your issue and you probably have spent a lot more on lures that are collecting crud in your tackle box if I am wrong.  There is nothing wrong with having a backup if nothing else .

So I hooked a wire from the right to the left post with the boot, pump did nothing, touched it to where up button come in, click, down no click, red green and blue come in from the helm. Up trailer, down trail or, and trim... I've never owned anything larger then a bass boat or I/o... Seems pretty straight toward... New pump looks pretty pricey

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Take the sol off and have a your local auto repair shop check it. If it is the motor I have two complete working used ones from your era and would sell you one very reasonable. I am running straight inboards now so there just sitting there collecting dust.