FLTA Owasco 6-5-16

Launched bright and early fishing the FLTA EVENT out of the South Shore Marina and ran north before setting up in 80 fow.. We ran cores coppers rigs dipsies and riggers.. The bite was steady picking away at many Lakers on the Iron Duke A10 Shine Fly, UV Extravaganza Fly and Aqua UV Fly at 40 and 80 depth in 100 fow on dipsys and riggers.. We had some good lakers so decided to switch our program up and go in a bit shallower and look for an off fish and we soon had a good rip on a 200 Copper pulling a FLT Spoon but this was a way off fish for us nice 6lb walleye lol... We tried hard working the shallow program for quite a bit but not much going so moved back out deep an ended up adding a small brown to the box.. We headed in not really knowing what to expect due to weather conditions getting worse all morning but got to the scales and there where some great boxes and some beautiful bows,browns and lakers brought in but we were able to pull off the win by the skin of our teeth edging out Brent by 2 ounces.. It was definitely a close one but overall a great day on the water and a absolute amazing lake to fish definitely one of my favorites.. Can't say enough about my crew working thier butts off all day to clean weeds and stay on top of fish and there is no give up on this team and that means a lot to me.. Great job to all that fished and see you in a couple weeks over on Cayuga

Mike

1d102de4ad46266cfc8e0238c20c1d0c.jpghttps://vimeo.com/169718573

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Thanks definitely was and if any of you are looking to go to another lake than your normally fished ones I highly recommend it beautiful little lake with some great fishing...

Mike

C'mon, let's not turn this into another Dean's Cove. Now there's going to be another 40 extra boats on this beautiful little lake :P

C'mon, let's not turn this into another Dean's Cove. Now there's going to be another 40 extra boats on this beautiful little lake :P

Lol.. It's all good lots of Finger Lakes water to fish.. It's really fun to hook the boat and trailer up and go explore and stay away from the big crowds..

Mike

Great job Mike n Brent and all the guys in small boats that braved the weather and waves! We ran the whole day without a fish finder put 18 Lakers in the boat, released a bunch, but couldn't get the silver bite, hard to run shallow without the sounder,:lol:

Cayuga next!!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job Mike n Brent and all the guys in small boats that braved the weather and waves! We ran the whole day without a fish finder put 18 Lakers in the boat, released a bunch, but couldn't get the silver bite, hard to run shallow without the sounder,:lol:

Cayuga next!!

I'd say you did extremely well John for having no depth or sonar... We have an elite 5 and elite 7 both are great units.. Have any problems let me know I can help you get it dialed in.

Mike

Cayuga next!!

i miss my boat that had no fish finder I feel I caught more fish lol.. Guy at s ramp once asked me how do you catch fish with no finder well try various depths both fow and lure, well how do you know that fow your in I pointed to the rigger he looked puzzled I said send it in the mud. He laughed and asked how do you know where the fish are, simply smiled and said we catch them!

i miss my boat that had no fish finder I feel I caught more fish lol.. Guy at s ramp once asked me how do you catch fish with no finder well try various depths both fow and lure, well how do you know that fow your in I pointed to the rigger he looked puzzled I said send it in the mud. He laughed and asked how do you know where the fish are, simply smiled and said we catch them!

So true Joe! That's exactly what we did.