I live in olcott. Your better off hitting Erie for some eyes. The fishing sucks in Ontario right now

I fish the western basin of Lake Erie.  The last two winters have resulted in phenomenal hatches for the walleye in Lake Erie.  The future is bright, but presently, I have been struggline to catch anything but 8 inch eyes (last years hatch) and 14 inchers (2014 hatch).  They are very difficult to detect on the line.  I use big boards with medium light rods and can tell when there's a white perch or white bass on the line by reading the rod tips, but these little walleye swim with the lure and I haven't figured out how to tell they're there.  When pulling crankbaits (bandits are the hot crankbait this year), it crankbait continues to vibrate even with these small fish on.  Anyway, are you guys who fish the eastern basin catching a lot of these 1 and two year old fish, or are the young fish concentrated in the western and central basins?  I'm going to give these little fish a break and give Lake Ontario a shot a couple times this summer. 

Most people speculate the small walleye stay resident in the western basin their first couple years, then begin migrating to colder water in the eastern basin each summer as they grow larger and I'm curious if your observations and catches are consistent with that theory.

I fish the western basin of Lake Erie. The last two winters have resulted in phenomenal hatches for the walleye in Lake Erie. The future is bright, but presently, I have been struggline to catch anything but 8 inch eyes (last years hatch) and 14 inchers (2014 hatch). They are very difficult to detect on the line. I use big boards with medium light rods and can tell when there's a white perch or white bass on the line by reading the rod tips, but these little walleye swim with the lure and I haven't figured out how to tell they're there. When pulling crankbaits (bandits are the hot crankbait this year), it crankbait continues to vibrate even with these small fish on. Anyway, are you guys who fish the eastern basin catching a lot of these 1 and two year old fish, or are the young fish concentrated in the western and central basins?

I have only released one walleye this year. No hogs yet for me (biggest around 6 lbs). Mostly 2-5 lb males.