I haven't fished in a long time. I'm looking for good advise. I can't remember how to set up dipsy's. If your going off the port side , you need to turn the dial  witch way? also what's the best spread if you are running 2 on a side. Thanks in advance for any advice   Much appreciated.

Look toward the bow. If it says R it goes right or starboard if it says L then left and port.

I would keep a good spread. It depends on current and how hard you turn your boat.

Keep outside at 3-3.5 and higher

Keep inside at 1-1.5 and deeper

Should be fine.

1. Take dispey and point the release arm towards the sky.

Turn so you are looking at the bottom, with arm towards sky.

Move dipsey to starboard side or port side (side you want to put it out on).

Turn weight towards center of boat.  If on zero setting, the weight should initially be pointed to sky as well. Just turn it to point to the center of the boat on setting 1, 2 or 3.

When it goes into the water, the side of it that's closest to the boat should be closer to the water. The side that points away from the boat should be tilted higher.

I hate to ask this question and sound dumb but, is there a trick to running the magnum divers?? I do great with the Number 1 divers and catch plenty of fish but I have tried multiple times with the magnums when the fish go really deep and all I end up with is nothing but big tangles. I always run them on a number 2 setting. Very frustrating. Just wondering if there is a trick to them????

What do you tangle them into? If you're tangling into itself then your letting them out too fast. Best is to put them in the water with drag on and loosen drag to slowly release about 3 to 4 ft per second. Then tighten drag once you've reached desired depth.

I hate to ask this question and sound dumb but, is there a trick to running the magnum divers?? I do great with the Number 1 divers and catch plenty of fish but I have tried multiple times with the magnums when the fish go really deep and all I end up with is nothing but big tangles. I always run them on a number 2 setting. Very frustrating. Just wondering if there is a trick to them????

Another consideration: how aggressive are you trolling with the boat with these deployed?  Do you take sharp turns?  You aren't as agile as you may think out there... take wider swooping turns and see how you make out.

Still could be too aggressive let out... 

I have tangled rigger lines and copper lines off of my boards. Maybe the key is to let them out waaaay slower than the number 1's and take slower turns. I have never had any issues with the #1 dipsies.  Thanks for the input guys! 

I do as little as 1 foot per second. 2 max. I agree with Tyee... you're letting them out too fast.

We let out 250 ft of line sometimes, and I don't think we have them going out for 120 seconds (2 minutes). I think we reach our target depth in about 60 to 90 seconds.  Anyhow, we're probably somewhere in the 3 ft per second mark.