Stolen SeaSwirl Striper Boat & Trailer 18' from Oneida Lake

Dear LOU Members..  My name is Dan McConnell and I just became a member as I was not aware of the organization. Fortunately a friend and fellow Striper Member informed me of the site. Mid-May my boat and trailer were stolen from a storage area in Vienna, NY near Sylvan Beach. I am trying frantically to recover the boat as I love the boat and is invaluable. If you see this boat please contact me on my cell phone @ 716-345-6759. I appreciate your consideration. I have not included the serial #s but if anyone is interested I will provide them. The attachment is an Ad and picture that I am running this coming week in the Queen Central News in Camden, NY. Thank you for your consideration and interest. Best regards, Dan

SeaSwirl Reward Ad 6-8-16.pdf

Sir I wish you the best luck to recover your vessel.  This site is a god  start to try to identify your vessel.  I think most people on this site can empithanize with how they would feel head their boat been hijacked, and would do do what they could help you. Best of luck on cahtching tthis lowlife.  Hop.

Hop is right on target and the LOU community is a good place to post your notice as the folks here fish a lot of different bodies of water and we all hate thievery.  Hopefully you will recover your boat intact. Best of luck with it I for one will be on the lookout for it.

Edited by Sk8man

Thats some garbage right there. No cameras at the storage facility? Seems like there should be some recourse there but Im no lawyer lol. Hope your boat comes up. I'll be sure to hunt c-list as much as I stalk the site already.

Dear People..  Thank you so much for your concern and suggestions. Not many of these situations have a happy ending. I am really pleased to tell you that I got my boat and trailer back over the weekend and the story is bizarre. The important thing is that it was picked up in the perfect condition that it had been left with the Storage owner. I involved the NYS Troopers and an Insurance investigator. I was very lucky this time and will be extremely cautious going forward. Great to be involved with this organization and look forward to browsing future topics.  Best of luck on the water !